• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

My first EB, Shes a 69 "half cab" BUILD THREAD

pnavarro170

Its official im not new to the 4x4 world but this is my first bronco. My first vehicle was a 69 commando so after i broke everything on it as a kid i went to mostly 1 tons or 3/4 ton full size rigs. to not break so much but now i know it was just me. lol. So with this being better looking than most any 4x4 out there and good running gear for a smaller size i figured getting back into the game of 4x4 building it was the perfect vehicle (almost got 79 f250) but i wanted something that i could get around in also.

k heres what its got, 302, 76 d44 front, 3.5 rancho lift new, new clutch, its not an original cab but one modded from wagon top. There is no rust on the vehicle cept corners of half cab.

030-4_zps226b20bc.jpg

parts on the way first are :
getting hydro boost done right now.
stonecrusher steering.
pertronix ignition upgrade
stock bumpers front n rear
tail lights, turn lights,
prob headlight upgrade
wheels n tires (want 35's still figuring it out with rims)
1 inch body lift (no blocks)

parts on the way next:
james duff long arms
some interior upgrades
gasket kit
carburator

what to decide on will be if i go with gears n lockers and axle upgrades and maybe tranny upgrade. or if i go with paint job and more on looks. Still up in the air which will be done first.

OP
OP
pnavarro170

pnavarro170

lol, cars are usually a she to me. she needs to be good to me. no name just yet thought. gotta feel her out.

OP
OP
pnavarro170

pnavarro170

Okay well ill just make this my official build thread then. After another thread asking if my 16x8s with 4.25" backspacing would work it looks like they clear the steering and either way im upgrading the front knuckles to some hd ones. So in the next month or so im gonna focus on the drivetrain and not the looks to much. heres whats on tap, so this is also a list for me to keep track of. hehe

D44 will get 4.88 gears detroit locker chromoly 31spline shafts, hd knuckles and warn premium hubs (have)

stone crusher steering (have)

gonna change out the 9 inch for an hd 9 version and also do 4.88 gears, chromoly 31spline shafts and detroit locker. (have)

gonna swap in a np435 (have)

np435 wild horses trail edition gear banger (need to order)

Hydroboost mod. (have)

pertronix ignition upgrade (have)

wild horses 1inch body mounts. (have)

dana 20 twin stick (need to order)

16x8 wheels (have4)

35" hancook dynapro MT's (need to order)

james duff radius arms (need to order)

4brl carb prob holley 500 (need to order)

electric fuel pump/regulator also holley (need to order)

wild horses 1 inch no block body lift (have)

h4 headlight upgrade (need to order)

stock black front n rear bumpers (need to order)

tailights n blinker lights (need to order)

078_zps522b4d0f.jpg

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Welcome-great looking and reading project. You should enjoy this build and I know you will enjoy it when you finish-that is a relative term!!!
:)

OP
OP
pnavarro170

pnavarro170

thanks guys for all the help also on the other threads i posted, the bronco community is strong and helpful. I must seem like a rookie but just had to make sure on a couple of things.

I ORDERED MORE PARTS TODAY !!!!!!!!!!!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

OP
OP
pnavarro170

pnavarro170

My list update so far. gonna hopefully take a month to get everything put together. fingers crossed !! Im gonna cut the fenders and not use flares, so now im kinda debating if i should go with 17x9 inch rims and 37x12.50 tires instead of the 35s. Hmmmm

-D44 will get 4.88 gears detroit locker chromoly 31spline shafts, hd knuckles and warn premium hubs (have)
-stone crusher steering (have)
-gonna change out the 9 inch for an hd 9 version and also do 4.88 gears, chromoly 31 spline shafts and detroit locker. (have)
-gonna swap in a np435 (have)
-np435 wild horses trail edition gear banger (ordered)
-Hydroboost mod. (have)
-pertronix ignition upgrade (have)
-wild horses 1inch body mounts. (have)
-dana 20 twin stick (ordered)
-16x8 wheels (have4)
-35" hancook dynapro MT's (need to order)
-james duff radius arms (need to order)
-4brl carb prob holley 500 (need to order)
-electric fuel pump/regulator also holley (need to order)
-wild horses 1 inch no block body lift (have)
-h4 headlight upgrade (ordered)
-stock black front n rear bumpers (ordered)
-tailights n blinker lights (ordered)

OP
OP
pnavarro170

pnavarro170

Well should be getting more parts in this week, Also ordered some new 3.5" springs from sexton offroad. Since mine are the skyjacker ones and im getting long radius arms it seemed a shame to leave those coils in it. They also say its a 3" lift not 3.5 on those so idk. Hydroboost and body mounts should be done soon then hopefully have the axles out also.