• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Black Hills Bronco Bash (a un event)

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Starting a new thread to clean it up a little and get a head count for folks that are considering coming up for the un event. We will be staying at http://www.steelwheelcampground.com/ you don't have to stay there but that's where the base will be and that's where we meet in the AM for trail rides. You will need to purchase a South Dakota OHV tag for the trail rides, please get this before you come out for the un event http://www.kinsail.com/results.asp?p=bhills&pt=parks&ItemName=Trail we will plan on running what they call some of the milder trails up here but you will want at least 33" tires and some rocker protection, there are also quite a few trees around so scratches are a good possibility. One of the big problems I see up here is the poison ivy it's something you really need to keep a eye open. Dates will be July 19th - 21st Please sound off here if you plan on coming up and feel free to ask any questions. Steve G

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I don't know if the resto will be done then. Any other trails that don't leave dents and scratches? If nothing else we will be in the area with the newly restored Bronco for Kool Deadwood Nights in August.

OP
OP
1sicbronconut

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I don't know if the resto will be done then. Any other trails that don't leave dents and scratches? If nothing else we will be in the area with the newly restored Bronco for Kool Deadwood Nights in August.

Most of the trails I've been on at least have some brush that's going to leave some marks so I guess I'll catch up with you during Hot Deadwood nights, need to get the trail UBER painted a solid color by then %)

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
Sounds like a blast. I'm in the black hills this week. Been at Custer SP for the last 4 days doing some hiking. Wish I could make it back for the bash. I've kept my eyes open and the wheeling opportunities look fantastic.

OP
OP
1sicbronconut

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sounds like a blast. I'm in the black hills this week. Been at Custer SP for the last 4 days doing some hiking. Wish I could make it back for the bash. I've kept my eyes open and the wheeling opportunities look fantastic.

This view is from a trail named T-Back.

Attachments

• 255486_4559699040011_282118256_n.jpg
    255486_4559699040011_282118256_n.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 30

76_fordbronco

I would love to go but I'm going to Sturgis a couple of weeks after that and can't afford both trips.

OP
OP
1sicbronconut

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Just wanted to bump this back up in case some folks haven't seen it, I also added a teaser of a club member on a trail we'll be running.

Attachments

• 100_0118.JPG
    100_0118.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 43

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
It's only 15 hrs and 38 minutes from my place! : )

Can't make it this year, but it'd be a great trip for next year!

Keep me on your mailing list for this "un event" Steve!

thanks

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Make it the weekend before Kool Deadwood Nights and we would have an awesome vacation EVERY year! :0)