• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

I scored a second Bronco! - UPDATED 9-17-16 - ALMOST DONE!!

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
Bronco Brothers:
Well after a couple of years of searching I finally bought a second Bronco. It is a 1972 Sport. U15 (Wagon) - Model U152 (HD package); Color Code B (Lt Blue); Rear Axle B9L (3300# with LS); DSO 71 (Los Angeles).

I have a couple of questions:

What exactly do I have with the 3300# 9 inch - how is it beefier? and

What does the HD package mean? I could not find that mentioned in any dealer brochure.

I think I scored pretty good with this. The guy put it on CL for $4,000 on Wednesday evening and when he checked his e-mail next morning he had 33 different responses. Most people already offering over the asking price w/o even seeing it. He sent me back an e-mail with his phone number and I guess I was the first to call and say I can come see it as soon as he gets home from work. So I went and looked at it and we made a deal. Rented a trailer on Friday morning and picked it up.

It was not running (hence the trailer) but we got it running today (302 not original motor). It has been sitting for about 10 years and needs to be gone through completely (no brakes, broken shifter, etc). This is going to be my trail rig. It will get power disc brakes, power steering, lockers, transfer case mod or new one, etc.

Here are some pics of me first bringing it home and then unloading after taking it to the pressure washer. I will have more pics and details but Stanley Cup Finals are starting.

Attachments

• Bronco #2 001.jpg
    Bronco #2 001.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 465
  • Bronco #2 008.jpg
    Bronco #2 008.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 375
  • Bronco #2 007.jpg
    Bronco #2 007.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 407
  • Bronco #2 006.jpg
    Bronco #2 006.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 469
  • Bronco #2 005.jpg
    Bronco #2 005.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 437
  • Bronco #2 004.jpg
    Bronco #2 004.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 416
  • Bronco #2 003.jpg
    Bronco #2 003.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 399
  • Bronco #2 002.jpg
    Bronco #2 002.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 442
Last edited:
OP
OP
Bronco Junkie

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
More pics

Typical rust on floor...but that is the worst of it. It has been in LA all of it's life...just like its new owner! :cool:

Attachments

• Bronco #2 009.jpg
    Bronco #2 009.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 230
  • Bronco #2 010.jpg
    Bronco #2 010.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 265
  • Bronco #2 011.jpg
    Bronco #2 011.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 391
  • Bronco #2 012.jpg
    Bronco #2 012.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 289

BigToe

HD package must include the foot print gas pedal. %) Looks good, nice score.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
3300 lb rear axle has big bearings and big 11" brakes.

U152 included that rear axle, with traction lok, 1475 lb rear springs, and G78-15 tires. It required a V8.

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
i'm impressed the tunnel doesn't look like it was opened up with a cold chisel to make way for the floor shift. someone took some care working on it. neat to see the old blue plates still on it as well.

gotta love the classic Cal Custom gas pedal from pep boys. i think i've got a couple of the ones for the dimmer switches around still.

looks like a nice builder. i'll take a few of them.

TwoDalesDad

Bronco Guru
I have one that color also.....But..The old Blue California plates are riding on my 67 Rootbeer float..

SP66

Bronco Guru
congrats nice score love the blue---looking forward to your build

Scott

MyOriginal66

Bronco Guru
Congrats... I knew one would turn up for you! And yes, you did good around 4K.

LMK if you want to sell that gas pedal;)

OP
OP
Bronco Junkie

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
i'm impressed the tunnel doesn't look like it was opened up with a cold chisel to make way for the floor shift. someone took some care working on it. neat to see the old blue plates still on it as well.

gotta love the classic Cal Custom gas pedal from pep boys. i think i've got a couple of the ones for the dimmer switches around still.

looks like a nice builder. i'll take a few of them.

Thanks!! Yes, overall...nothing was done half-ass on this one which is why I jumped all over it.

OP
OP
Bronco Junkie

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
Thanks everyone!! Thinking of keeping the gas pedal....but that is a long way off. I like the fact it has the CA blue plate as well. I think I really scored especially since it has a big bearing 9 inch.

It also came with an old school Con Ferr rear seat (the part you sit on lifts up and there is storage space under) but I just found out it is too wide for an early Bronco. Seems like it is for a K-5 or Scout maybe. Really wish it fit in the Bronco it is really cool! The guy also gave my a Duff catalog from WAAY back and a really old K Bar S catalog. He has owned the truck since 1987 and he said he got it from the original owner who either owned or was involved with Rancho suspension.

MyOriginal66

Bronco Guru
I like the fact it has the CA blue plate as well.

There's a guy near San Diego that will make you excellent reproductions with your plate number. It's all he does. Cheaper/easier than having them restored and they look GREAT! Plus you can put the OG's on your garage wall or something.

PM me if you want the number.