• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hi Guys. Meet Glen

hammer189

Loc.
South Atlanta
Bought a 1976 stock Bronco Ranger about a month ago. Got the Marti report and the original stock color is listed as "Glen Green". I think this is Ford's secret code for yellow but who cares, I got a bronco!
That's why I decided to name him "Glen".
He hasn't run in 7 years but he does now. Read a bunch of stuff on here about starting up engines that have sat for long periods of time and after I figured out the distributor rotates counter-clockwise he fired right up! Big relief.
Doing the front end right now, brakes bearings, fluids etc. I don't think the PO did anything, ever to this truck! Rotors scored, pads almost nonexsistant etc.
I stripped everything out of the interior because it sat outside for 7 years with the window open and a full interior of carpet and side panels. All wet, all rusty and it smelled like wet dog. A $20 tarp would have made him a lot more money when he sold it! It amazes me how poorly people treat their equipment.
Just wanted to introduce my truck and say I appreciate all the info. and ideas on here. I've got a lot of work to do but good thing it only takes lot's of time and money!:eek:

David

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 309
  • IMG_0010.jpg
    IMG_0010.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 302
  • IMG_0011.jpg
    IMG_0011.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 301

71massbronco

Bronco Guru
Welcome. Getting it running is half the battle. Keeping them running is the other half! Look forward to watching the progress. Congrats!

BRONCONY

Loc.
North Eastern, NY
nice welcome! i remember geting ours runing after siting in texas for 18 years.:eek:
just had to replace some stuff like gas tank, fuel pump, etc. she pers like a kitten! welcome to the sight! you will get hooked on every thing bronco here!:cool:

77-302

Loc.
Canton, MI
If you have the front end torn apart don't forget all your bushings...
"since this is apart might as well do this" will be come a familar term..

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Congrats on the new Rig David.. Lots and Lots of potential there..

I forsee LUBR in your future? :D

Timmy390

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
I keep leaving and coming back just stairing at the pics.....the amount of rust and the extent of rust damage keeps running me off but the train wreck that is the rust keeps pulling me back in. The outside looks really nice. Windows down you say.......wow...

You sir get a gold star for taking on such a project.

Tim

Justafordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Looks awesome to me, can't wait to see more. Keep the pictures coming.:cool:

WheelHorse

Bronco Guru
Brace him up and let's see some new sheet metal!

You'll have ole Glen all done up in no time.

landshark99

Bronco Guru
Great to see another glen green. And your right it's close to yellow under the sun ;)

AFLtCol

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Wet carpet for 7 yrs really did a number on "Glen". I can hear the opening theme of the "Six Million Dollar Man"...."Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability...."

TwoDalesDad

Bronco Guru
Welcome to the site GLEN.....YOUR A CUTE LITTLE SLEEPER....HIDDEN UNDER THE COAT OF AN OLDTIMER IS THE HEART AND SOLE OF A STALLION....WE HOPE YOUR OWNER HAS A GOOD TIME WHEN LOOKING AT THE SITE TO FIX YOU UP.....GOOD LUCK...

OP
OP
hammer189

hammer189

Loc.
South Atlanta
Alright, here's an update. Still not on the road, but getting closer.
KBS'ed the frame. 1" body lift. 2 1/2" WH SL with bilsteins. Brake lines SS. 90% done. Went through front and read axle's, new bearings, seals and painted. New brakes master cylinder vacuum boost and parts all 4 wheels. 1 seat in from a 91 Honda accord.
Next on list
Fuel lines.
Finish brake lines
New Intake, carb, headers and exhaust. Already bought
Wheels and tires. Still have to buy,clean or paint.
Rebuild steering box and re-install.
Install aux tank to get it on the road, new main tank when I have more money.
Body- We don't want to talk about that. I'm ignoring it and it's ignoring me.
Hope to be on the road in March. All it takes is money, time and ability. I don't have much of any but that hasn't stopped me yet!
I appreciate all the advice/help I've gotten since I started. I did a 66 back in college without the internet and it was not easy.
David

Attachments

• IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0078.jpg
    IMG_0078.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0067.jpg
    IMG_0067.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0047.jpg