• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Kick panel speaker pods.Whatcha think?

JGZ

I made these up over the last couple days.Running a 5 1/4" alpine speaker.No cutting into the panel its self.The E-brake has to be moved to the side an 1 1/2" or 2". other than that they fit right in.Whatcha think?

Attachments

• kick panel speakers 007.jpg
    kick panel speakers 007.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 1,090
  • kick panel speakers 008.jpg
    kick panel speakers 008.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 1,012
  • kick panel speakers 009.jpg
    kick panel speakers 009.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 881
  • kick panel speakers 010.jpg
    kick panel speakers 010.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 991
  • kick panel speakers 011.jpg
    kick panel speakers 011.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 813
  • kick panel speakers 012.jpg
    kick panel speakers 012.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 729
OP
OP
JGZ

JGZ

These are just a mock up.I plan to produce out of fiberglass if there's enough intrest.

mudstud

Contributor
Bronco Bonehead
Loc.
Excel
The look good just like the others you have done. I have question or observation. What about angling the speakers toward the driver and passenger?

OP
OP
JGZ

JGZ

The look good just like the others you have done. I have question or observation. What about angling the speakers toward the driver and passenger?

I thought about that.But to angle the driver side would really mess with the E-brake.There's not a lot of room in that foot well.Now if I was to make a hole in the kick panel it would really open it up.Just don't think that's something a lot of people want to do.

Landho

Loc.
Cypress, TX
I like those - I went totally bakeware on mine though. Not sure I am happy I have done this - but we'll see... LOL. I did this several years ago, and Bronco has been in "disassembly/reassembly" since ...

I "Borrowed" a couple of my wifes Calphon banana bread pans, cut holes in the kick panel, mounted break pans behind (exterior of kick panel) with some sealer and sheet metal screws... I don't plan to run 6x9 in there, but the hole is 6x9 - I expect to use an angled adapter plate and run 6.5" or 5x7" - but a shallow 6x9 will fit.

Not done lining them with Dyanamat nor installing speakers. The "gooey" stuff at the edge is Dynamat Extreme placed between the bakeware and the kick panel. The rest of black bed liner stuff stuff is Raptor Liner

Passenger side kick panel
image5.jpeg

Passenger side kick panel view from outside
image4.jpeg

Drivers side
image31.jpeg

photo40.JPG

sedav1

I'd definitely be interested in a s set. Let me know when you have more info.

-Steve

MyOriginal66

Bronco Guru
I'm paypal ready!!! Could you make me a 6.5" set? I'm running an electric push button e-brake so that's not an issue.

OP
OP
JGZ

JGZ

Looks like a pretty good response.As far as fitting around roll bars,I've fit the patterns in a few trucks and no issues so far.Sound hasn't been tested yet,still have to build a part.I'm going to go ahead and finish the plugs and build a mold.I'll try to get it done within the next week or two.I'll post up the progress.Thanks Jay JGZ

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
Those things look nice! Sign me up for a set. That bread pan idea gave me some food for thought. There is some wasted/ useable space inside that fender well.