• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

My 74 bronco build

Ryanlt

Loc.
Douglas, Ga
I've been lurking and reading around the site for awhile now so I figured its time to become a contributor and start posting some on my build.

Ill start off with the history of my bronco. It was my dads fist truck, he bought it when he was 17. It was never drove as a daily driver, just used as a hunting and fishing truck mostly. About 6 or 7 years ago I brought it home from our hunting club planning on going thru it and making a weekend toy out of it. I started tinkering with it and it just sat up until he talked me into selling it.

I regretted getting rid of it more and more as time went on. Fast foward to about 4 or 5 months ago, I tracked it down to Covington, ga and made the 4 hr trip to go buy it back. I've been working on it as funds allow and I'll try to start taking more pics and posting them as I get more done.

Work done to date is a 3.5" bg lift with 7degree bushings, new floor pans, spray in color match liner, and I've went completely through the brake system.

OP
OP
Ryanlt

Ryanlt

Loc.
Douglas, Ga
Here's a few pics of the progress I've made so far. The day I brought it home before I washed it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 107
OP
OP
Ryanlt

Ryanlt

Loc.
Douglas, Ga
I'm having trouble posting more than one pic at a time from my iPad. Hopefully I can get this picture posting figured out. Here's the color match raptor liner after I got it sprayed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 122
OP
OP
Ryanlt

Ryanlt

Loc.
Douglas, Ga
Mickey thompson sidebiter 15x10 wheels with 35x12.50x15 baja claws

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 79
OP
OP
Ryanlt

Ryanlt

Loc.
Douglas, Ga
And finally this is where I'm at right now with the 3.5" lift installed. My next step is to have my stock 302 rebuilt and have a new clutch put in before I start the cage and body work

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 97

76 One ton

Loc.
Shawnee, Ok
I'm having trouble posting more than one pic at a time from my iPad. Hopefully I can get this picture posting figured out. Here's the color match raptor liner after I got it sprayed.

I would like to figure it out too. I can only post one pic at a time as well. Maybe one of the gurus will chime in.

OP
OP
Ryanlt

Ryanlt

Loc.
Douglas, Ga
I finally got around to pulling the motor and trans for my 5.0 swap and to clean up the engine compartment and paint it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 76
OP
OP
Ryanlt

Ryanlt

Loc.
Douglas, Ga
Nearly 40 years of mud and oil. Definitely going to need a lot of cleaning. No serious rust issues, just mainly surface rust.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 78
OP
OP
Ryanlt

Ryanlt

Loc.
Douglas, Ga
There was plenty of dirt dobbers nests on the motor and trans

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 72
OP
OP
Ryanlt

Ryanlt

Loc.
Douglas, Ga
Finally got everything under the hood cleaned up and ready to put in the new motor. It cleaned up pretty good. I can't get the pics to load in the upright position from iPad.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 58
OP
OP
Ryanlt

Ryanlt

Loc.
Douglas, Ga
I finally got around to welding up my 8 point family cage from toms and painted it. I also painted the dash before I put the cage in.
ysene9ab.jpg
hemeva2y.jpg
be5ana3u.jpg

OP
OP
Ryanlt

Ryanlt

Loc.
Douglas, Ga
Razorback-it's not grabber blue, It's an early 90s ford metallic blue. I can't remember the paint code right off. We're using sikkens paint.

76 one ton- it's not tied into the frame yet, but I have intentions on tieing it into the frame before I start driving it.