• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1966 build thread

Tyla's toy

Contributor
Loc.
Martha's vineyard
Hi Im getting pm's asking to set up a thread for the build. Please be gentle im a build virgin! so All help and constructive input is more than welcomed. You guys have built some amazing rigs!

Attachments

• 1966 bronco.jpg
    1966 bronco.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 90
  • disassembled frame.jpg
    disassembled frame.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 85
  • seperated from birth in shop.jpg
    seperated from birth in shop.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 94
  • partspile.jpg
    partspile.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 83
  • floorrearshot.jpg
    floorrearshot.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 84
  • arialbody.jpg
    arialbody.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 96
  • tubonoldframe.jpg
    tubonoldframe.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 82
  • startingdissasemble.jpg
    startingdissasemble.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 94
  • suspensionboxes.jpg
    suspensionboxes.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Look s to me like you sure know how to tear them apart! Looking forward to watching your progress.Good luck with the build!

bwaysteve

Really look forward to this,have a line on a 66 HC if the price works out to pull the trigger.

OP
OP
T

Tyla's toy

Contributor
Loc.
Martha's vineyard
Hey welcome to the addiction!!! Please do me a favor and brace your door openings, EB's have been known to fold up right there!!!
Good Luck!!! It's looking good!!;D;D

You are correct. I did and when I made the "crate" to move the body to the blaster I set all for "platforms" at the same height as the stock mounts.

OP
OP
T

Tyla's toy

Contributor
Loc.
Martha's vineyard
I know I'm going to take a thrashing for using wood but it was all I had handy and it worked! Lmao!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 88

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
I know I'm going to take a thrashing for using wood but it was all I had handy and it worked! Lmao!

Hey no thrashing about using wood!!! Just glad you braced it!!! I braced mine with angle iron and built a wood frame on a HF trailer, to move it around!!!%)%)

Attachments

• DSCN2163.JPG
    DSCN2163.JPG
    186.2 KB · Views: 88
OP
OP
T

Tyla's toy

Contributor
Loc.
Martha's vineyard
Hey no thrashing about using wood!!! Just glad you braced it!!! I braced mine with angle iron and built a wood frame on a HF trailer, to move it around!!!%)%)

I gotta take a ferry then drive about three hours on the highway to the blaster and body guy. I figured I needed to bolt it down and brace it as good as possible. I got about two hours of little things to do to the tub then I can get it dropped off.

Need to break out the plasma cutter and get rid of the shock mounts etc. I'm going with epoxy primer with a urethane topcoat. I was going to powder coat but I want to be able to touch up as needed.

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
Yes sir, I only had to move mine 12-15 miles at a time. Agree with you on the paint vs pc on the frame. If you look close on the pic I posted you can see the 10" I put in it behind the door!!;D;D

OP
OP
T

Tyla's toy

Contributor
Loc.
Martha's vineyard
Got lots of help from a good number of people. Was able to upgrade to 35 spline and a nodular rear unit. The build is getting better with your help! Thanks again!

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Got lots of help from a good number of people. Was able to upgrade to 35 spline and a nodular rear unit. The build is getting better with your help! Thanks again!

Good choice if you stick with the big windsor stroker and wide 38's you posted on other threads. Looking fwd to your build.
:)