• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Release! Hanson Offroad Dual Post Swing Away Tire Carrier

Hanson Sales

Back into production, our dual post swing away bumper and tire carrier is available for order NOW!

The Famous Hanson Offroad Double Swing Bumper is back! The handcrafted construction of this bumper exhibits the style of the most copied bumper line out there. It consists of 3/16” cold rolled steel, 3/8” end plates, 2” receiver hitch, and 1” clevis tabs. The bumper allows you to run a right or left side spare tire and a wide combination of Hi-Lift, RotoPax, Standard Jerry Can, or cooler mounts. Uses low maintenance double cam slam latches. The combination of sturdy constructions and multiple angles adds strength and optimizes departure angles. The unique placement and design of the 1” wide clevis tabs gives them unmatched strength allowing them to be pulled from any angle without fear of damage to bumper or tab, and they do not interfere with departure and approach angles. Frame reinforcement brackets and hardware are supplied to ensure secure attachment to the Bronco. Bumper is finished in semi-gloss black powdercoat.
ebrtcp_v2_20140102_medium.jpg

ebrtcp_v1_20140102_medium.jpg

http://hansonoffroad.com/proddetail.php?prod=EBRTC-P

Last edited:

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Gulp.......
I had no idea....I bet it is a bad ass bumper. The wealthier among us will be buying these up for sure.

FSD

Is there a mass group buy price or is this just to let us know about a new product?

OP
OP
H

Hanson Sales

Hanson Offroad Dual Post Swing Away Tire Carrier

Is there an option for the tire carrier only?

Guys, we're just trying to get back to the EB market. As you may or may not know, Jeep is our primary focus. Hanson has made Bronco Bumpers for many years. When we purchased the line in 2009, there was no dual swing bumper in the archives. We knew it had existed in the past, but no drawings. It's being re-released now. This bumper can be configured in any way that makes sense to all of the group. We welcome suggestions.

Hanson Sales

ajonesny

A nice addition would be a locking pin to keep the swing out carriers in the open position. That is, if you haven't added that already.

OP
OP
H

Hanson Sales

A nice addition would be a locking pin to keep the swing out carriers in the open position. That is, if you haven't added that already.[/QUOTyE]

You know, we looked at them for this and actually had them tacked in place when we were mocking this bumper up. They looked terrible. When the pinch clamps are adjusted up snug, it really doesn't need it. We can add them if you want.

Hanson Sales

Z Bronco

Bronco Guru
My Hanson rear bumper was custom built for me in 1996 with some differences than the stock bumper It is a double post swing with locking pins that keep things in the open position, even on a slant. The lower ends on each side of the bumper were angled up which works well with the 2" BL that my Bronco has. The placement of the rack and spare came from drawings with measurements I made of where I wanted the spare tire and the baskets (although now I sometimes think I should have had the top basket made the same size as the lower), both racks are removable. The tire carrier was designed for that 35" spare that is on there. It is a 1/4" plate bumper bolted to the frame with a 2" receiver hitch. I believe I still have the drawings with the measurements and paperwork somewhere in a box. My rear bumper has worked beautifully and I have gotten my moneys worth. If I remember correctly, I paid $1600 for it in 1996. Yes, pricey at the time, but the bumpers were made to order then and I have no regrets.

This bumper allowed me to load my Bronco up with camping gear and start all the adventure travels without burying my 1 year old son in his car seat with camping gear. When my daughter was born a year later, I started towing the M416 military trailer. in 2006, I finally got a Hanson front bumper when one was found in the warehouse as the Bronco bumpers had been discontinued.
DSCN0628.jpg

K7A1384B3BC20A_1000184.jpg

K7A1384B3BC20A_1000278.jpg

K7A1384B3BC20A_1000141.jpg

DSCN0626.jpg

OP
OP
H

Hanson Sales

Hanson Man, pleased to see more, quality options for Broncos. Question, what is weight of the product shown?
I'm in the market for a combination, tire carrier, Hi-Lift jack, Spectra fuel can, and shovel mount. With provision to mount a trailer ball.

Having flush mount, LED reverse lamps in the bumper would be a huge bonus. Ever found yourself unable to forge ahead in deep snow, faced with having back up in your tracks for a mile or more, at night? Extraneous lamps added to the rear bumper are useless. They're usually knocked off on the first outing.

Ideally would like the bumper assembly to be modular and light weight.

We can recess a light pocket without any issue other than size. I'll get you a weight for the complete assembly on Monday.

Hanson

OP
OP
H

Hanson Sales

We can recess a light pocket without any issue other than size. I'll get you a weight for the complete assembly on Monday.

Hanson
Bumper as shown is about 120 lbs. Remember that everything on this is 3/16" & 1/4". It's stout.

Hanson Sales

P.S. Formed Rockers coming next!

ajonesny

Are the bumpers adjustable for body lifts? Some pictures I've seen has the hanson logo on them. Is that painted on or a sticker?

Okie69

Contributor
Glad to see these options finally! I love my Hanson front bumper. I guess I need to start saving for the rear!

Attachments

• IMG_0478.jpg
    IMG_0478.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 102

Okie69

Contributor
Are the bumpers adjustable for body lifts? Some pictures I've seen has the hanson logo on them. Is that painted on or a sticker?

The logo on my front bumper is a metel sticker.