• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Write a tech article, get a FREE t-shirt! (or stickers, or photo upload upgrade)

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
OK, so I'm sick of seeing my same old tech articles that were written 6+ years ago. It's obvious you folks have some great ideas and have done some cool modifications, so let's get some of them in the tech section!

I thought maybe some encouragement (bribing) would help motivate some of you. ;) So if your article makes it on the site I'll send you your choice of ONE of the following:
  • Sticker package "A" (1 large and 2 small text stickers) ...or...
  • Sticker package "B" (2 blue logo stickers) ...or...
  • one year upgrade to Contributor status (adding a year if you already are a Contributor).

The Rules

• The article needs to be new and not already on the web. If you already have an article on another web site just add it to the "over 600 links" section. There's no sense in duplicating what's already out there. Basically the article should be exclusive to ClassicBroncos.com.
  • The article should be as unique and original as possible. For example I think there are probably enough articles on Chevy disc brake conversions. If the idea isn't totally original there should at least be significant content that is. (ie a different or better way of doing it, more detailed description, etc.)
  • Articles should include several photos/diagrams and step-by-step explanations/directions. Parts lists with pricing, part numbers and sources would be nice too.
  • Submit articles to me via email and I'll convert them into web pages. The best format is a simple TXT or Word file for the text and the photos as separate attachments to the email. Pulling photos out of a Word document just doesn't work well.

Tech articles that are selected will become part of the ClassicBroncos.com tech section, but the author will of course keep all rights and be given full credit. As another cool little bonus...I'll add the title of "Tech Writer" under your name in the forums. Ooohhh...aaahhhh! ;)

Let me know if anyone has any questions.

Last edited:

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Re:Write a tech article, get a FREE t-shirt!

How about a tech artilcle on how to get a free t-shirt from classicbroncos.com ;D

joes75

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pittsburgh

I'm doing my body lift now.... so why not take a bunch of pice with it? I'll go back and take pics of what I have done and try and get some stuff together for you Jon... or is that something that you think is too simple? let ,e know

OP
OP
admin

admin

Administrator
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ

I'm doing my body lift now.... so why not take a bunch of pice with it? I'll go back and take pics of what I have done and try and get some stuff together for you Jon... or is that something that you think is too simple? let ,e know

It's not too simple. Body lifts are one of the most frequently asked Bronco questions.

The only thing is there are several articles on body lifts already done. http://classicbroncos.com/webmap/Suspension/Lift_-_Body/index.html

Take a look and if you think you can offer something that those articles don't already then go for it.

joes75

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pittsburgh

you're right Jon, I most likely couldnt add anything...

Blue_Oval_Boy

Loc.
New Site, Alabama

how about an article on "What to do, when all else fails" this could be like a on trail how to handle situations kinda thing. like what to do when crossing a creek and a tire comes off the rim, or what to do when halfway up a steep grade, and the driveshaft falls out. you know stuff of that nature<br>

luvmybronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ashland, Oh

I get alot of emails about my Billit Aluminum Fuel door....I'll go back a take some more pics of step by step how to's to get it done...That Original, isn't it?<br> It might take me a few weeks, I'm taking a break from the Bronco this weekend...

brian72

Early Bronco Student

Maybe an article on how to make a heat shield ;D

rflud

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Modesto, CA

Hey Jon - How about a free t-shirt for articles people have already written? Hint, Hint ;D<br><br>Oh yeah, my article on the rock rails/skis is almost done (I know, I've said that before but it true this time). I can't understand it, my boss won't let me spend time at work writing that article. Go figure ::)

THE_74BEAST

Loc.
Central, FL

Jon this site has helped me sooo much, given me some great advice. The only tech articles I could write would be on "what NOT to do" ;). I could write a book on mistakes. ;D

OP
OP
admin

admin

Administrator
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ

[quote author=rflud link=board=5;threadid=7081;start=0#50010 date=1026915871]<br>Hey Jon - How about a free t-shirt for articles people have already written? Hint, Hint ;D<br><br>Oh yeah, my article on the rock rails/skis is almost done (I know, I've said that before but it true this time). I can't understand it, my boss won't let me spend time at work writing that article. Go figure ::)<br>[/quote]<br><br>Yeah, I figured I could slip that past you, but you're too quick! I did add the "Tech Writer" below your username. ;)<br><br>Email me your address and size rflud. :)

rflud

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Modesto, CA

Hey I noticed the "Tech Writer" under the name - that cool, thanks.

G

are any of the write ups on www.DeepSouthEB.com worthy of the tech section ? it's on the web, but not really "ON" the web.......JD

OP
OP
admin

admin

Administrator
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ

are any of the write ups on www.DeepSouthEB.com worthy of the tech section ? it's on the web, but not really "ON" the web.......JD<br>
Yeah, there are some good articles there. There's no need to put them in the ClassicBroncos tech section because they're already on the DeepSouth site. So I added them to the "Over 500 Links" section. Thanks for the heads up.

INPHOBIC

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kansas City, KS

Jon I'll be sending my 3 part series of tighening lug nuts or do ya just wanna go ahead and send me the shirt? ;D ;D ;D ;D

mxpaz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
KC

[quote author=INPHOBIC link=board=5;threadid=7081;start=0#56123 date=1029257204]<br>Jon I'll be sending my 3 part series of tighening lug nuts or do ya just wanna go ahead and send me the shirt? ;D ;D ;D ;D<br>[/quote]I cant wait for that article my tires keep falling off.

OP
OP
admin

admin

Administrator
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ

[quote author=INPHOBIC link=board=5;threadid=7081;start=0#56123 date=1029257204]<br>Jon I'll be sending my 3 part series of tighening lug nuts or do ya just wanna go ahead and send me the shirt? ;D ;D ;D ;D<br>[/quote]<br><br>That would be even funnier if I didn't have to admit that I could have used that article in my younger years. I once rushed off to check out my new 4.11 gears on my '67 Cougar and forgot to tighten all the lug nuts. Doh!!! ::)

Amac70

ME

Posted by: AdminPosted on: Today at 03:52:34pm<br><br>Quote from: INPHOBIC on 08/13/02 12:46 PM <br>Jon I'll be sending my 3 part series of tighening lug nuts or do ya just wanna go ahead and send me the shirt? <br><br><br>That would be even funnier if I didn't have to admit that I could have used that article in my younger years. I once rushed off to check out my new 4.11 gears on my '67 Cougar and forgot to tighten all the lug nuts. Doh!!!
<br><br><br>I did this when i put my new lift on a few years back. I was rushing to taco bell before they closed 1 am turned into the parking lot and my driver side wheel just kept going strait down the highway. So maybe that article would be useful. :) :) :)

Madgyver

Contributor
Bronco Madman

Hey Jon,<br> When do you plan to update this site with all the new tech articles that has been submitted? There must be alot of them to keep you real buzy. Keep up the great work your doing for all of us.<br> Thanks again and Aloha,<br> madgyver

OP
OP
admin

admin

Administrator
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ

[quote author=madgyver link=board=5;threadid=7081;start=15#59368 date=1030212811]<br>Hey Jon,<br> When do you plan to update this site with all the new tech articles that has been submitted? There must be alot of them to keep you real buzy.[/quote]<br><br>Actually there were only a few. I emailed you about yours last week to get your final approval before putting it up, but haven't heard back from you yet. ?:?