Bronco Hut    

Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts   Toms Bronco Parts   BC Broncos
Community
 Message Forum
 Photo Gallery
 Event Calendar
 Book Reviews
 Bronco Wallpaper
 Bronco FAQ
 Link Back to CB!
 600+ Bronco Links!

Search all Bronco Links
Buy / Sell
 Classifieds / Want Ads
 Vendor Forum
James Duff
Rust Bullet
Sexton Offroad
Bronco Tech
Recent Tech Articles
 •Holley Carb Tips
 •Aussie Locker
 •C6 203 205 Doubler
 •4 Link
 •Clutch Replacement
 •Early Turn Signals
 •C4 Improvements
 •Threaded Dipstick
 •NV3550 5 spd
     More Tech...
Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts

Welcome to the ClassicBroncos.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a GUEST which limits your access to viewing only. To take advantage of all the forum features please take a moment to register. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact the admin. If you've lost your password click here.

Go Back   ClassicBroncos.com Forums > Archives > Bronco Chat - Archives

Old 07/15/02, 12:58 AM   #1
admin
Administrator

Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...

Phoenix, AZ

My Gallery
Garage
Write a tech article, get a FREE t-shirt! (or stickers, or photo upload upgrade)

OK, so I'm sick of seeing my same old tech articles that were written 6+ years ago. It's obvious you folks have some great ideas and have done some cool modifications, so let's get some of them in the tech section!

I thought maybe some encouragement (bribing) would help motivate some of you. So if your article makes it on the site I'll send you your choice of ONE of the following:
  • Sticker package "A" (1 large and 2 small text stickers) ...or...
  • Sticker package "B" (2 blue logo stickers) ...or...
  • one year upgrade to Contributor status (adding a year if you already are a Contributor).

The Rules
  • The article needs to be new and not already on the web. If you already have an article on another web site just add it to the "over 600 links" section. There's no sense in duplicating what's already out there. Basically the article should be exclusive to ClassicBroncos.com.
  • The article should be as unique and original as possible. For example I think there are probably enough articles on Chevy disc brake conversions. If the idea isn't totally original there should at least be significant content that is. (ie a different or better way of doing it, more detailed description, etc.)
  • Articles should include several photos/diagrams and step-by-step explanations/directions. Parts lists with pricing, part numbers and sources would be nice too.
  • Submit articles to me via email and I'll convert them into web pages. The best format is a simple TXT or Word file for the text and the photos as separate attachments to the email. Pulling photos out of a Word document just doesn't work well.

Tech articles that are selected will become part of the ClassicBroncos.com tech section, but the author will of course keep all rights and be given full credit. As another cool little bonus...I'll add the title of "Tech Writer" under your name in the forums. Ooohhh...aaahhhh!

Let me know if anyone has any questions.

Last edited by admin; 01/15/09 at 10:37 AM..

Jon Hanna
webmaster@classicbroncos.com
http://ClassicBroncos.com
'72 Bronco, stock 302 2V, NP435 4 speed, Chevy discs, PS, 3 1/2" susp lift + 2" body lift, 33"x12.50-15 BFG KM2's, 4.11 gears (D44 and Ford 9")
Old 07/15/02, 02:21 PM   #2
thegreatjustino
Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey

Wake up America. Before it's too late.

Stockton, CA
Garage
Re:Write a tech article, get a FREE t-shirt!

How about a tech artilcle on how to get a free t-shirt from classicbroncos.com

'When my Bronco is finished' is only a hypothetical statement.
Old 07/15/02, 03:14 PM   #3
joes75
Bronco Guru

Pittsburgh

I'm doing my body lift now.... so why not take a bunch of pice with it? I'll go back and take pics of what I have done and try and get some stuff together for you Jon... or is that something that you think is too simple? let ,e know
Old 07/15/02, 03:27 PM   #4
admin
Administrator

Phoenix, AZ

My Gallery
Garage

Quote:
I'm doing my body lift now.... so why not take a bunch of pice with it? I'll go back and take pics of what I have done and try and get some stuff together for you Jon... or is that something that you think is too simple? let ,e know
It's not too simple. Body lifts are one of the most frequently asked Bronco questions.

The only thing is there are several articles on body lifts already done. http://classicbroncos.com/webmap/Sus...ody/index.html

Take a look and if you think you can offer something that those articles don't already then go for it.

Jon Hanna
'72 Bronco, stock 302 2V, NP435 4 speed, Chevy discs, PS, 3 1/2" susp lift + 2" body lift, 33"x12.50-15 BFG KM2's, 4.11 gears (D44 and Ford 9")
Old 07/15/02, 03:29 PM   #5
joes75
Bronco Guru

Pittsburgh

you're right Jon, I most likely couldnt add anything...
Old 07/15/02, 04:33 PM   #6
Blue_Oval_Boy

Bronco's-The Official Truck of Ourtown

New Site, Alabama

how about an article on &quot;What to do, when all else fails&quot; this could be like a on trail how to handle situations kinda thing. like what to do when crossing a creek and a tire comes off the rim, or what to do when halfway up a steep grade, and the driveshaft falls out. you know stuff of that nature<br>

Blue Oval Boys, Drive Bad Ass Toys!...MOMMA IM GROWN!!! 1972half cab, and 1979 MasterCraft w/ 351 4v. (O===O)
Old 07/15/02, 04:42 PM   #7
luvmybronco
Bronco Guru

1st issue cover Bronco

Ashland, Oh

My Gallery

I get alot of emails about my Billit Aluminum Fuel door....I'll go back a take some more pics of step by step how to's to get it done...That Original, isn't it?<br> It might take me a few weeks, I'm taking a break from the Bronco this weekend...
Old 07/16/02, 06:56 AM   #8
brian72
Early Bronco Student

It is all back together and running good...Now time to upgrade stuff

Tampa, Fl

Maybe an article on how to make a heat shield

Time and Money - That's All It Takes...Seems I am short of both !
BcBroncos 3.5" / 1" body lift, 35x12.5 BFG, 3spd,302 (for now) with Holley T/A 470.
Old 07/17/02, 09:24 AM   #9
rflud
Bronco Guru

Broncos Rule!

Modesto, CA

Hey Jon - How about a free t-shirt for articles people have already written? Hint, Hint <br><br>Oh yeah, my article on the rock rails/skis is almost done (I know, I've said that before but it true this time). I can't understand it, my boss won't let me spend time at work writing that article. Go figure :
Old 07/18/02, 03:01 PM   #10
THE_74BEAST

Central, FL

Jon this site has helped me sooo much, given me some great advice. The only tech articles I could write would be on &quot;what NOT to do&quot; . I could write a book on mistakes.
Old 07/18/02, 03:08 PM   #11
admin
Administrator

Phoenix, AZ

My Gallery
Garage

[quote author=rflud link=board=5;threadid=7081;start=0#50010 date=1026915871]<br>Hey Jon - How about a free t-shirt for articles people have already written? Hint, Hint <br><br>Oh yeah, my article on the rock rails/skis is almost done (I know, I've said that before but it true this time). I can't understand it, my boss won't let me spend time at work writing that article. Go figure :<br>[/quote]<br><br>Yeah, I figured I could slip that past you, but you're too quick! I did add the &quot;Tech Writer&quot; below your username. <br><br>Email me your address and size rflud.

Jon Hanna
Old 07/18/02, 03:55 PM   #12
rflud
Bronco Guru

Broncos Rule!

Modesto, CA

Hey I noticed the &quot;Tech Writer&quot; under the name - that cool, thanks.
Old 08/05/02, 12:17 PM   #13

are any of the write ups on www.DeepSouthEB.com worthy of the tech section ? it's on the web, but not really &quot;ON&quot; the web.......JD

Old 08/05/02, 06:33 PM   #14
admin
Administrator

Phoenix, AZ

My Gallery
Garage

Quote:
are any of the write ups on www.DeepSouthEB.com worthy of the tech section ? it's on the web, but not really &quot;ON&quot; the web.......JD<br>
Yeah, there are some good articles there. There's no need to put them in the ClassicBroncos tech section because they're already on the DeepSouth site. So I added them to the &quot;Over 500 Links&quot; section. Thanks for the heads up.

Jon Hanna
Old 08/13/02, 11:46 AM   #15
INPHOBIC
Bronco Guru

If it ain't broke I'll fix it til it is!

Kansas City, KS

Jon I'll be sending my 3 part series of tighening lug nuts or do ya just wanna go ahead and send me the shirt?

1971 Bronco

ClassicBroncos.com Forums > Archives > Bronco Chat - Archives