• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

For anyone with a Horsepower LLC Brake Setup

sp71eb

Loc.
North Liberty, Ia
I just want to give you guys a heads up on this issue that I had. After having my Horsepower LLC brake booster and proportioning valve installed for about 300 miles I noticed the front of the proportioning valve leaking. I contacted Dan at HP LLC and he said that they had some problems with some of the pro valves leaking. I just wanted to inform anyone that has this kit to keep an eye on their pro valve for leaks. Dan was happy to send me the replacement part for the pro valve and it was easy to replace and hasn't leaked since replaced. I included some pictures of the part and where it was leaking from. Hope this helps and don't forget to rebleed your brakes after the part is replaced.

Attachments

• 166.jpg
    166.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 38
  • 078.jpg
    078.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 37
  • 079.jpg
    079.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 35
  • 080.jpg
    080.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 39
  • 081.jpg
    081.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 38

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Good info to post up. Thanks
Not just from them though, I hate to say. ;D Seems to have happened to all that are using that type of valve assembly. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason (or brand) either. More often than not they're fine, but it happens often enough that we can't take it for granted either.

We've had two different brands, over several build batches, that have had some leakers. All have been fixed, but it's still annoying.

If nothing else, this thread should remind us to put a rag or some other block in that area when first testing the system. Hate to peel any nice new paint after all!

Thanks again.

Oh, and by the way, that is the Delay Valve that slows down the actuation of the front brakes until the rears have started. Not present on disc-disc combination valves.

Paul