• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Buck

MPG_Bronco

Loc.
Chandler
so, I have a sad story, but it's not the end that matters...

getting Married in 2012, wife wanted me to choose which of the two cars/projects I will keep. knowing that I was really done with my 65 mustang, I choose my 66 bronco. but 'We' determined it was too much to repair, heck I almost had a honeymoon to pick up a rust free body, yeah I had it bad. so we bought a sight un-seen 1975 bronco instead, I'm sure some here remember both...

so now I had 3 'projects', new Wife, and well no money nor job to support any of it, she was fine and 'ok'... code word there... so I hesitantly put the mustang up for sale, and the 66, and the 75, showing it's not about the toy's.

it took a year for me to back down on price of the mustang, I bought it for 6k, and sold it for 5k, and put in 16k... but it was worth maybe 7k. it was an expensive learning curve/education. but that was before I was married. Wife was expecting at the time of sale, so that helped, alot.

then before the baby came in 2014, I traded the 66 bronco I invested 2900 for the truck, 1k for v8/c4, and 600 for BL/t-case adaptor/mis... 4500 total...
I got quite a bit of work done on the 75, lowered it from 5.5 SL to 2.5 SL, kept the 2BL, but swapped from 35's to 33's... and re-geared from 4.56 to 4.11's, should have gone down to 3.5's, also swapped the f150 PS to a 4x4x2.. . fixed the bent hiem steering, added exhaust from cat back (PO cut) etc... it was worth it and think I came out on top. looking back parts wise, I think we both got a great deal, I needed labor and he basically supplied it with parts.

then try'n to sell it, I honestly think it was worth 11-12k, it wasn't pretty, but had GREAT bones... 90 mustang eng, c4 with shift kit, lockers F+R.... anyways..

I wanted it gone, it was eating my marriage, it was hurting my relationship... so I let it go for 9k, but asked buyer to give 9100 to help wife happiness, he ablidged...

now...

got a great job, fixed cash flow issues.

I have a 99 Limited 4runner, wife likes it as my 'reliable' DD, and has modern amenities... can fit kids AND 4 dogs for any trip.

sure it's not a bronco, I have been given to 'armor' the 99, and make it mine, but Wife is 100% on board, it's nice to have.

well it's not over yet...

My car Love will always be a bronco, I went to 2015 stampede it was a BLAST, I've went out on trail rides numeous times with the 75, it's a beast...
I recently took the 99, sure it's comfy, it went everywhere... but it's missing something.. that 'old school' feeling, the mustang had it (1st car with my own money) the 75 was OVERFLOWING with it... but the 4runner, just doesn't have it.

I'll be back someday. I know I will.

some day I'll build the BADEST Forced TBI i6 250ci AOD Lockered bronco this forum has ever seen... it will be epic. but for now, I'm playing with the 4runner, learning my skills.

I didn't want to bump this up on the threads, so I edited my own post... See you guy's later.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Well I traded my 1966 bronco for random nick-nacks for my 75 bronco... granted, I could have parted it piece-by-piece... but wife was pushing for it to leave so I did the next best thing.

I have the following 75 bronco:
PS
PB
Front Disc
Rear drum
302 5.0 (90mustang)
C4
5.5 Wild Horses Lift Kit with the Long travel shocks
Wild Horses Extended Radius Arms
2in body lift
Heavy Duty Drive Shafts
35 Spline Axles
456 Gearing
Detroit Locker in the rear
Limited Slip up front
On board Air
Wild horses Plate Front bumper with winch mount
James duff rear Plate bumper with tire carrier
Just finished putting in new floors
Soft Top(have hard top too) (I swapped to hard top)
Family Roll Cage
Heim Joint Steering (PO bent in the rocks)
35in BFG All Terrains TA KO
Body is Pretty Straight with a few Blemishes rust has been cut out and replaced. Bronco is Flat Black
Fiberglass hood with 2in rise (I swapped to steel hood w/ hood shocks)
20130106_123824.jpg

The following is going into the 75:
driven auto steering setup (fully adjustable)
2.5 SL kit (springs, bushings, and shocks)
extra square tubing (for rock sliders and custom job near tailgate)
liftgate shocks
liftgate handle + parts
T-case boot
exhaust system (currently cut at cat's)
refurbished heater box
radio moved from console to dash (console comes out)
speedo -/+ 5mph
used rear seat belts
externally fix c4 shifting (kick-down or vacuum module)
re-align doors
$1,000 cash

I plan on taking down to an axle shop and swapping in 4.11 gears.
The tires I'm selling and will place on 33's

When I'm done, I'll have a decent rig to travel in and off-road some. it's not a dedicated 4x4, even though there is a locker/tru-trac ;D

Then I can think about the future plans:
wiring harness
AC
clean up interior metal (PO put roll on rino liner AND carpet kit)
weather stripping
Paint exterior roof white (get rid of patina).

More pics to follow

Attachments

• 20140109_084708.jpg
    20140109_084708.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 39
  • 20140108_174832.jpg
    20140108_174832.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 31
  • 20140111_140711.jpg
    20140111_140711.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 32
Last edited: