• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SEB Florida Bronco Ride

ucbronco

Loc.
Summerfield, FL
Thought I should post this here for those that don't keep up with us via our Facebook (Southeast Early Broncos). We are planning a ride in the Ocala National Forest for 6/28/14. We will be meeting in front of the Big Scrub Campground at 9:30 am and plan to leave for the ride at 10:00 am. The terrain will be mostly sandy roads and a few hills, this is mostly just a chance to socialize with other Bronco owners. There will be more details as the ride approaches.

Hope to see you there
Butch Williams

bax

Old Member
sounds like fun. Good reason to put the front end back together.

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
so I need to finish the fuel lines, reinstall the transmission and exhaust...should be enough time.

thirdtime

Contributor
Pulled the beast out the shop and started the road trip shake down. Not in bad shape this time. For once, everything seems to be working ;D

ohpoo2

Contributor
I will be there. Whats the best way to the campground from st. cloud? Thanks

thirdtime

Contributor
I will be there. Whats the best way to the campground from st. cloud? Thanks

Darren,

From your end you could go either way. If you take the turnpike up to I-75 you can get off at hwy 484 and go east. At the last event up this way, Bax and Chris both came up 301 somehow I believe and said it was shorter that way. I will try to get a physical address so you can MapQuest it.

OP
OP
ucbronco

ucbronco

Loc.
Summerfield, FL
Turnpike to the last exit before I75 (US 301) head north past Oxford to hwy 42 turn right. Head east until you cross the Ocklawaha river (about 15 miles). After you cross the river you will come to a store in the middle of nowhere called Buck & Does (about 5 miles after you cross the river) turn left at the store. A few miles down this you will see the brown signs marking where to turn for the campground. Will you be towing your Bronco or driving it? There is a place you can park your trailer on the way if you like.

Butch

ohpoo2

Contributor
Thanks guys I see a good path to the camp. Will bring up on trailer and would like a good place to park it. Thanks

chuzie

Bronco Guru
I've been off for a month and yall choose a date when im back at work and out of town. One day.....

69 Fl. Bronc

Damm, too far for me. Just got my hp 44 in, doing exhaust Mon. or Tues., and putting tires on. Need to wheel it.

bax

Old Member
Front end is almost fixed. Gear back in, cover on, axles in, spindles on. Got to get the bearing packed and the hubs and brakes on. The starter is hanging up too, so I will drop that and take it apart and clean the sand and yuck out of it.