• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Wiper conversion

pcf_mark

Bronco Guru
I have a 68 that I converted to electric wipers. I bought a complete set up from a later Bronco - linkage, motor, wiring. I installed the arms/pivots it in the factory holes in the windshield frame. I installed the wiper motor in the stock location for a 69 and up Bronco so the right wiper was in the stock location. Then I extended the linkage over to the driver's side arm. I did this with a round rod I clamped in place then cycled the wiper motor (by powering it by tapping to 12 v so I could stop/start the motor). Once I had it close I tack welded it in place. It was pretty close but I ended up cutting the rod and threading the ends then connecting them with a turnbuckle so I could adjust it to make it perfect. Works much better than vacuum!

I did the Cherokee wiper arm mod but that was rubbish. Just modify your existing arms to hold a 9" blade.

Buldozer

Bronco Virtuoso
Loc.
God's Country
I have a 68 that I converted to electric wipers. I bought a complete set up from a later Bronco - linkage, motor, wiring. I installed the arms/pivots it in the factory holes in the windshield frame. I installed the wiper motor in the stock location for a 69 and up Bronco so the right wiper was in the stock location. Then I extended the linkage over to the driver's side arm. I did this with a round rod I clamped in place then cycled the wiper motor (by powering it by tapping to 12 v so I could stop/start the motor). Once I had it close I tack welded it in place.

Yep, this is what I did as well. ;)

Attachments

• S4200063.jpg
    S4200063.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 93
  • S4200064.jpg
    S4200064.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 83

tatersalad

Bronco Guru
On my 68 I went with two AFI Marine 2 speed motors. It is a clean look with the top off as they are just slightly larger than the vacuum wipers that were from the factory. They mimic the originals too, because they're not in sync. I added a general purpose diode from radio shack ($1.50) so that they park together. If you do a search there is a way to sync them now also. I've had mine on my rig since 1995 without any issues.