• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bought another Bronco. This has become a sickness.

kholding

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Las Vegas, NV
I've been looking around for awhile trying to find a good candidate for my next project. I saw a few but most did not fit what I was looking for. I ended up finding this one in Cottonwood Arizona. It's in excellent condition. The guy who sold it to me has been the owner for the last 20+ years. He had just installed an NV4500 trans and rebuilt the D20. He has never even had the top off of it. The body is the one of the best I have ever seen. I rubbed a little wax on the front fender and what a difference! Looks like I need to invest in an electric buffer. Here are a few pictures:

The Protofab bumpers are also for sale in the classifieds section.

Attachments

• photo 1-3.jpg
    photo 1-3.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 305
  • photo 1-2.jpg
    photo 1-2.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 325
  • photo 4-1.jpg
    photo 4-1.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 243
  • photo 5.jpg
    photo 5.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 267
  • photo 2-2.jpg
    photo 2-2.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 277
  • photo 3-1.jpg
    photo 3-1.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 262

stus70brc

Contributor
Sweet! Looks good what's your plans for it? Love that Raptor!!

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
That looks like a clean, un-rusted desert find. Good job!

One question: What gets better gas mileage - the Bronco or the Raptor? :)

mefast

Loc.
Southern Ontario
My girlfriend says for every vehicle I get, she gets a pet (so far 2 cats and a snake). The next vehicle I bring home needs to have a puppy riding shotgun apparently.

Good looking Bronco! What are your plans for it?

Last edited:

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Man that thing is sweet!!! I don't know what you paid for it but a truck like that is worth a bundle on the east coast!! Good luck with it!

broncobsession

Bronco Guru
Sweet! Love the look. I would keep those bumpers too! Throw some mud tires and wax her up and hit the town.

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
nice find. I'd gladly take a few of those as well...
looks like you found a honus wagner hiding out in az instead of the babe ruth you wanted... ;)

CopperRanger

Bronco Guru
Nice, I considered hitting the buy it now on that one myself, just to far away for me. Good luck with your new Bronco.

bosshoff

Contributor
NuFinish

Now run it through 52 consecutive car washes, to see if it still keeps that shine!;D

hsach

Contributor
Members Only
Awesome find! Whatever happened to that one in Sonora? Was it any good or a rust bucket?

OP
OP
kholding

kholding

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Las Vegas, NV
Was able to tear out the "liner" the PO had in fairly easily so far. Some places come up easier than others. Good thing, the front floor pans are in awesome shape! No rust at all! The only spot I have found that has caused concern is in the passenger front door post. There is a small crack where the fender bolt goes into it. It looks really solid everywhere else. Hoping it was just a stress crack. Will investigate it further later.

Attachments

• photo 2-4.jpg
    photo 2-4.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 121
  • photo 3-2.jpg
    photo 3-2.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 132
  • photo 1-4.jpg
    photo 1-4.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 131
OP
OP
kholding

kholding

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Las Vegas, NV
Bumpers are gone and a little bit of wax. Give me a couple of days to get the liner out of the inside and wax the whole bronco. It won't even look the the same truck!

Attachments

• photo 1-3.jpg
    photo 1-3.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 77
  • photo 2-5.jpg
    photo 2-5.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 122

xfalcon

Saw this one when listed, looked like it had potential but it looks better than expected.
Are you going Luber?