• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

MO 1966 straight cut bumpers

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigpitbull

BRONCO ADDICT
Loc.
Saltillo, MS
These bumpers are hard to find. I sold my last set a couple weeks ago. Good luck with the search. I wish a vender would reproduce them.

OP
OP
O

oshkarmeyer

Loc.
Knob Noster, MO
No joke, me too. Just out of curiosity, what does a pair of them go for these days? Do you have any other '66 specific goodies you would sell?

bigpitbull

BRONCO ADDICT
Loc.
Saltillo, MS
The bumpers depend on condition. A rough set could easily go north of $300 so you can imagine what a nice set goes for.

wepuckett

I have some 66 doors I got with a 66 U13 I bought but no bumpers and body is shot other then bed area. Havn't checked if Tailgate is 66 as well but have one from same package.

BoureeOne

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madisonville, La
Man, I sure would snatch that drivers door from you if it wasn't so far away. I bet shipping would be a nightmare.

Also, be careful. Do you have a 66 door or a 67 door? They both fit on a 66 or 67, but the 67 has the exterior key hole right up against the handle. The 66 has the key hole just on the belt line.

OP
OP
O

oshkarmeyer

Loc.
Knob Noster, MO
My passenger side door has the keyhole right up under the handle and my drivers side door has the keyhole about 5 inches below the handle. From all that I've read and seen the early 66's keyholes were just under the handle on both sides. Mines a Sept 65 and was hit on drivers side. They replaced the door with what I believe is a later 66 or 67 door due to the lower location of the keyhole. Sound correct?

OP
OP
O

oshkarmeyer

Loc.
Knob Noster, MO
Hey BoureeOne, since you have shipped doors before you probably know the rough weight of one. Can you see what shipping would be to 65336, please?

OP
OP
O

oshkarmeyer

Loc.
Knob Noster, MO
The question came up, are 1966 front and rear bumpers identical/reversible?? Can someone check out their 66 and double/triple check for me please!

BoureeOne

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madisonville, La
66 has the key hole a few inches below the handle, but not below the trim line on the door. Then in 67 they moved the key hole right up against the handle so that you could put the belt line trim on the door. After 67 the key hole was moved down another couple of inches below the trim line.

BoureeOne

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madisonville, La
Here is a pic of a 67 door. See how the key hole is right up against the handle so that there is room for the trim on the door. The yellow one is a 66, the keyhole is right where the trim goes. ON 68 to 77 doors, the key hole is below where that trim goes.

Attachments

• 67 half cab.jpg
    67 half cab.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 63
  • Bronco door 66.jpg
    Bronco door 66.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 73

BoureeOne

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madisonville, La
If you have a door that has the key hole below where that trim goes, then someone has modified it at some point. Do both of your doors have interior handles that are similar to the window cranks. Or do you have a door that has the paddle style handle in the arm rest?

OP
OP
O

oshkarmeyer

Loc.
Knob Noster, MO
Both doors have window cranks similar to the handles. Yet the keyhole is well below the trim line and I can't see any signs of modding. When researching 66 broncos I have seen several that looked original an had a low keyhole.

BoureeOne

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madisonville, La
That is not original then... No 66 came from the factory with a key hole below the belt line. Just curious , is yours a U13?

OP
OP
O

oshkarmeyer

Loc.
Knob Noster, MO
That sounds like a good idea. I will try at lunch or after work today.

The VIN tag that the PO gave to me with the Bronco states that it's a U15, but I haven't checked the frame. I can tell that originally there was a bulkhead in it and someone put in a non-66 back seat.

RJGarza

Loc.
Karnes City
The question came up, are 1966 front and rear bumpers identical/reversible?? Can someone check out their 66 and double/triple check for me please!

Very good question. I would also like to know about this. I currently have a 66 rear bumper and need a front bumper. If both the front and rear bumper are the same this would really help me out considering I could look for either one instead of just the front.

Status
Not open for further replies.