• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

LED Light Bar Options

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Okay, what you got, how good does it work for you & at what cost.

I've found a LOT of options, but none that are just a Must have right now.

I picked up a set of (2) 13.5 " Light bars that are made by blueFire that I may use (1) of them to mount up in the front bumper on the F150.

http://bluefire-lights.com/

here's the other options I've found

LED LIGHTS
- Westin Automotive
- VisionXUSA.com
- 4wheelparts
- Superbrightleds.com
- Roughcountry.com
- Desertratoffroad
- Procompusa.com
- Daystarweb (switch panels)
- Ruggedridge.com (X Clamps for Cage--LEDs)
- Oz-usa
- BajaDesigns
- DiodeDynamics
- Bulldog led
- Sirius

And of course the Bronco Vendors.

Dusty

Bronco Guru
I don't see Rigid Industries on your list. They're not the cheapest but they're Made In USA and they're the ones everyone else copies.

KC also does LED light bars now, as does Wurton, Pro-Comp and about a hundred importers of Chinese knock-offs of Rigid's.

FWIW, I use and recommend Rigid.

OP
OP
sprdv1

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Thanks Dusty. I knew about Rigid but hadn't added them, Figured they were just a given.

Agree with ya that Rigid is definitely one of the best out there

TX SS

Contributor
Loc.
Houston
I have Rigid Industries D2 series LED lights on my daily driver. They are driving light pattern and they also make them in fog and spotlight. If I recall correctly they were around $300 for the pair on sale. Here are some pictures of output.

IMG_2404.jpg

IMG_2418.jpg

Low beams -
IMG_2422.jpg

Low & high beams -
IMG_2424.jpg

LED lights -
IMG_2425.jpg

Low beams & LED lights -
IMG_2426.jpg

LED lights -
IMG_2427.jpg

Low beams & LED lights -
IMG_2428.jpg

OP
OP
sprdv1

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Thanks for the Pics man. That's a great display of how well they work

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
A friend of mine has the light bar from eBay. He really likes it. He says at night when he has the headlights on and the light bar on, he says he can't tell that the headlights are on BC the light bar is so bright.

OP
OP
sprdv1

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
A friend of mine has the light bar from eBay. He really likes it. He says at night when he has the headlights on and the light bar on, he says he can't tell that the headlights are on BC the light bar is so bright.

I got a vendor lined up I'm trying to set up a group buy, IF the light bar is worth it and if the dealer gives a good enuf price With a wiring harness.

Can your buddy get some Pics?

Thanks for the input

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Two others.
Whelen
And
Oviedo safety lights.
Both are pretty cheap.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sprdv1

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Thanks man

That guy pinged me back

Best he can do is $160 with wiring for a 52" light bar if there's 10 plus orders

badmuttstang

redneck grease monkey
Some questions you need to ask about the light bar are what brand LEDs are used and what chips Cree LEDs will last longer and the light output will not turn yellow after a couple of months epistar LEDs will yellow quick and burn out just as quick, epistar chips can do the job but will not hold up for long especially on larger lights such as a 52" light bar Cree would be the way to go. If he won't tell you or does not know which chips or LEDs the bar uses I would steer clear but that's your call the price is really low lower than I could even get them for even with epistar chips and LEDs. One other question how much is shipping going to run that was my biggest hurdle with light bars of this size. Sorry I'm not trying to sell anything here or sway you or anyone else out of buying one of these light bars just wanted to share some of my experiences. Pm me if you would like to talk about this a little more or see what we might be able to come up with. As I said I'm not looking to sell anything here but am looking in to possibly putting another mass buy together on lights so pm me.

OP
OP
sprdv1

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Hey brother. No offense taken at all. The more information the better. I totally agree.

The other info he gave me was:

30,000 lumens 6,000k color temperature, Cree LED with Spot and Flood combination. 2 year warranty

I'm going to follow up on the shipping as well.

badmuttstang

redneck grease monkey
I would imagine the lumen is a little over exaggerated but most over exaggerate their spec's no big deal but a good way to tell what your getting for lumes is take 80 and times it by the watts you will end up with a closer number.

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm betting most of the ratings are at the emitter and not out the front. big difference. Think of it like a rifle scope, there may be 100% light at the target, but only 95% gets transmitted through. Same thing with an LED emitter. There is 100%, rated lumens, at the emitter, but that light has to go through at least two layers of "glass" which reduces efficacy.

broncman66

Loc.
Spring, TX
Just to give ya another place to look, I got some 2x3 spot beam pods from Bean LED. They have light bars too. Inexpensive, and freakin bright. I installed them on my F150 in the fog light holes, similar to what TX SS did.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418702586.360037.jpg

Driveway at night
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418702792.777379.jpg

Just LED's
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418702640.787448.jpg

LED's and low beams
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418702699.852212.jpg

Elite Broncos

Loc.
San Diego area
We at Elite Bronco/s have only used Baja Designs LED lights and have had great success with them. Many reasons== made in America, great lighting with good clear vision, they have a one of a kind moisture resistant block system which can kill a LED light, and I have found them vibration proof.

OP
OP
sprdv1

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Appreciate all the info guys. I know cheaper is not always better. Was just thinking at that price might be worth the risk.

Doing some more research though.

badmuttstang, what kinda deal you thinking of putting together?

badmuttstang

redneck grease monkey
I will have to check with my supplier to see what the new price sheet would be for me as the more I buy the better the prices get and when I sell them on here I don't mark them up much more than 15-20% mainly for my time I'm not looking to make much. I will be listing multiple light bars and other lights again. If I could get at least 5 of the 50" bars sold I'm sure the price would be close just not that close as I'm kind of concerned that what he is selling has epistar chips I'm not a fan of them I will sell them but only with the understanding that they are not as good as the ones with Cree chips. I will try and contact him this week and get back to you as soon as I can.

OP
OP
sprdv1

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
The ones I'm looking at are on ebay, so probably should have the info there on the chips as well. I'm going to ask him who his supplier is as well.

and honestly, my purpose was to find the most cost effective bar for my fellow addicts. hadnt really considered a mark up.

been a little too busy this week to do much more research

C Saporito

I'm looking for two 50" light bars (preferably with Cree chips). I was going to purchase them in time for Xmas but can wait for a good deal.