• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

May 1-2, 2015- Carolina Broncos Trip to Durhamtown Tellico, Murphy NC

broncosbybart

Bronco Guru
Come on out and join us! (The following is a cut and pasted excerpt from our website).

WHEN: May 1-2, 2015

Better get to work on those Broncos fellas! Not much time left until Carolina Broncos gets together for its 9th annual spring event. This year we are changing things slightly. Instead of the traditional Meet and Greet, we are going with a NovRun-style trail ride.

WHERE: DURHAMTOWN TELLICO
Now before you get your panties in a wad and tell me Tellico is closed, realize Durhamtown Tellico is a privately owned venture adjacent to the old Tellico park that was closed years ago. The topography is very similar and is sure to offer an array of opportunities for wheelers and rigs of all types. For more information on the venue, please visit their website.

http://www.durhamtowntellico.com

Lodging:
Accommodations are available at various hotels in Murphy, NC as well as both primitive and RV camping sites at Crawford's Campground. The blue links will assist you in making lodging arrangements.

Most accommodations are relatively close to the trails.

Murphy, NC to Tellico = 13 mi / 26 min (map)

Crawford's Campground to Tellico = 9 mi / 22 min (map)

www.crawfordscg.com/

Please let us know where you will be staying. Personally, as tempting as it is to stay in a hotel close to the trails, I do not want to miss out on the comradery that comes with "roughing it" with my pals.

Passengers pay too, so make sure to visit their website for full details.

The Tellico waiver is attached if you wish to print and sign prior to arrival.
My personal packing list is attached as well if anyone wants to make fun of me!

We look forward to seeing everyone. This is going to be the best CB event yet!

CAMPSITE LISTING (at Crawfords Campground)
18 : Scbronco
19 : BroncoBiff
20 : Timstrk
21 : Chuzie + BlazinChuck
22 : 72_EB_GUY
35 : Broncosbybart + snipes243
36 : nhopman
46 : Wepuckett

Attachments

• Camp.jpg
    Camp.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 68

Bronco Biff

Contributor
Looking forward to this and a little R&R and wheeling some new terrain!! Potluck Saturday night?

wepuckett

Just wanted to remind people this is happening if they wanna make it out and join us.

Mountain Ram

Contributor
Recovering Masshole
Loc.
Abingdon, VA
I wish my crawler was ready... Crawfords would bring back a lot of memories and I really want to check out Durhamtown. Y'all make sure to get a lot of pics!

OP
OP
broncosbybart

broncosbybart

Bronco Guru
I never made it to tellico before it was shut down. Looking forward to seeing some new terrain!

It is coming up quick!! Open to anyone who wants to join us.

Bronco Biff

Contributor
Anybody looked at the forcast? Last night was some perfect camping weather here on the coast. Will be nice to squeak a trip in to the hills before the heat of the summer gets here!!

Bonco4Broncos

Loc.
Rockingham, NC
Gonna load Rusty up Wed. and try to find and pack camping gear also, Hope to pull out and arrive early afternoon Thursday. 6 hr drive for me on Yahoo maps but likely a lil longer towing the trailer. Tuning Tweaking and Welding right up til time to load it.

wepuckett

This is gonna be a good weekend if anyone wants to join us or wants more info please feel free to ask or check out our thread on CB4x4.com, if your close by and just wanna ride for the day or weekend come on up and join us.

Bonco4Broncos

Loc.
Rockingham, NC
The weather was wonderful. We had a little rain on arrival Thursday but the rest of the weekend was great for camping and wheeling. I have never been in the company of a group of men who were so nice and helpful. The pot luck on Sat. evening had something for any taste. I learned alot just by watching everyone crawl and climb as well as by looking at so many different Broncos. No 2 rigs are the same and something can be learned just looking at the different ways to get to the same end. I came home with a half cab for mine and want to thank Nick and Chuck again for it. The NC mountains were beautiful, especially so in Spring dress. Crawfords Campground was really nice all the way around. I will look forward to returning again someday.
photo.php

Last edited: