• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fuel filler measurement for 73 early bronco

JAFO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Beaverdam
Hello. I need to cut the hole for the rear tank fill hole on my 1973 early Bronco. Replaced the lower quarter. Could someone tell me the measurement from the rear seam where quarter meets taillight housing and from the top seam of the quarter? Let's say from each seam to center of the hole. I ask for this because (without thinking) I did not measure before cutting out the quarter and I cut out the old metal with my plasma cutter, then ground out the remaining metal. So I don't have anything with a good measurement.
Thanks.

OP
OP
JAFO

JAFO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Beaverdam
Google search on this topic brought me back to this site and as far as I can tell by a couple of previous posts the measurement is 3" down from the top seam and 12 13/16" from rear seam. This is to the center of the filler hole. One person did 3" down and 13" from rear seam to center.

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA
I grabbed the measurements this weekend but got swamped with work. Have the measurements for the Bronco script as well. Let me get them on a drawing that is understandable. Shoot me your email or give me a call.

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA
Here ya go. I will have to find a picture to lay out the script measurements on.

If you want an @ center measurement add 1/2 of the filler od where the cap goes on. I think they are 2-1/4" diameter.

Attachments

• fuel fillers.jpg
    fuel fillers.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA
Script Measurements. Mine are standard Bronco script. I don't know if the Sport emblems are different.

Attachments

• DS Script.jpg
    DS Script.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 86
  • PS Script.jpg
    PS Script.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
OP
OP
JAFO

JAFO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Beaverdam
Thank you! The hole diameter in the old quarter I cut out is 2 3/8". Great drawings.

Last edited:

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA
Thank you! The hole diameter in the old quarter I cut out is 2 3/8".

Sounds about right. The part of the neck that protrudes through the quarter is 2-1/4". Just add 1-1/8" to any of those measurements and it will give you the center line dimension.

OP
OP
JAFO

JAFO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Beaverdam
Great. Thanks a lot. I was kicking myself for not measuring before taking the plasma cutter to the old quarter. The old hind sight 20/20 at play. I had tried holding the old quarter up against the new panel, trying to clamp the bottom lips together, but I was never certain all was lined up.