• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Special Thanks to Carburetors Unlimited

Ol'Blue

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Just wanted to share my great experience with Carburetors Unlimited in Phoenix, AZ.

I had an Edelbrock 1406 that ran fine on the street, but flooded anytime I went off road. EFI just wasn't in the budget and after doing some research on here and a recommendation from Motoman, I decided to go Qjet from Carburetors Unlimited.

I spoke to Bruce and told him my engine specs. He set me up with a bolt and go carb that was tested on his own engine before it shipped. After figuring out a couple of install problems I made, the rig runs great.

Waaaaay more torque and acceleration. Shift points are even better with no dead spots and idle is nice and smooth.

Bruce walked me through proper hook up of all the vacuum lines and explained how to make minor adjustments if needed.

Very happy with my purchase.

http://carburetorsunlimited.com/

Cant wait to put her to the test at Bronco Daze!

Attachments

• IMG_0832.JPG
    IMG_0832.JPG
    126.3 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_0838.JPG
    IMG_0838.JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_0824.JPG
    IMG_0824.JPG
    129.6 KB · Views: 87

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Good story man. Always like to hear those over someone getting screwed

notorious

Loc.
Nashvegas
I have always enjoyed the Quadrajet as a carburetor. I want to believe it was Smoky Yunick that called the Q-Jet the "Poor mans fuel-injection".

Great set up and glad to here about your purchase.

bteutsch

Just curious how much the q-jet setup cost, I was considering a q-jet when I came accross FITECH EFI. Cost around $900.00 for the base system, very happy with the results, still looks pretty factory. I also had an edelbrock 1405 that ran good on the street but sucked off road. Glad you had a good experience, just thought the price gap is getting closer. I did also spend a extra $300 for their remote sump. So probably not as cheap as what you came out but just something to think about.

OP
OP
Ol'Blue

Ol'Blue

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Just curious how much the q-jet setup cost, I was considering a q-jet when I came accross FITECH EFI. Cost around $900.00 for the base system, very happy with the results, still looks pretty factory. I also had an edelbrock 1405 that ran good on the street but sucked off road. Glad you had a good experience, just thought the price gap is getting closer. I did also spend a extra $300 for their remote sump. So probably not as cheap as what you came out but just something to think about.

It was $420 shipped to my door with adapter and hard fuel line to feed from the driver side. I understand the stock throttle linkage can be made to work but you have to go with cable kick down. I went with cable system for both and found a used set for $75. I was looking at the Fitech as well, very nice but couldn't swing it.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
I have run the Quadrajet for so long and have real respect for that carb. You will love it. keep a good base gasket under the carb and spacer. If it starts to run funny check the bolts and check the gaskets first for any leakage. You will love that carb. I have run mine for over 15 years without working on it other than base and spacer gaskets. Remember to post back after Bronco Daze. I wan't to see the smile in that post. No more stubborn hot starts. No more raising the hood on the trail run. The fuel bowl tends to go dry if you let the truck go unused for long stretches.