• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Door switches

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
I have been searching for a simple "no drill" way of installing door switches. I got a couple of these normally closed momentary switches and mounted them next to the door hinge with trim tape.

I did have to trim the stem down a bit to get the right fit. I balled up some aluminum foil and closed the door on it to get a good measurement for trimming the stems. I will wire up a harness for them with an override switch so i can turn them off if the doors need to remain open.
http://guitarpedalparts.com/product/spst-momentary-pre-wired-soft-touch-foot-switch-nc/
9a9e8950c0b8b12dd13c9b5c917decdb.jpg

romerdoug

I'm digging the, what look to be, leather door straps! Nice work on the switch too.

tirewater

Loc.
San Francisco Bay Area
What does the switch control? A light?

Seems these days you'd expect those switches to be completely wireless. I imagine you could hook up a standard household door chime with a magnetic latch that could trigger a relay to turn on/off a light.

OP
OP
Slowleak

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
The switches control the dome light in the wiper housing and two under dash courtesy lights. I did not research wireless options much since the switches are right by the dash. Wireless would be great for a cargo light. Thats my next step.......

Last edited: