• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What's Wrong w/ this Picture? body mounts

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
With my limited EB knowledge I'm pretty sure the right front (or passenger side) body mount is correct, but why the heck would someone weld on a driver side body mount that wasn't square with the other?!? Baffled...

Attachments

• IMG_2996.jpg
    IMG_2996.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 281
  • IMG_2997.jpg
    IMG_2997.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 247
OP
OP
1strodeo

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
It crossed my mind this morning that it wouldn't surprise me if normal, thanks for confirmation!

Fitz24

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'd be interested to know if the holes in those brakets were cut out to remove old mounts. They look to be a lot larger than they should be or is it just the way the picture was taken?

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yep, very common. What doesn't seem as common though, is the fact that they're so toasted while the rest of the exposed surface seems so good.
Either someone tried to keep it clean after every excursion into the salted outside world and just couldn't keep the rust gremlins at bay under the rubber mounts, or it was just a turn of luck.
Of did you spend the last six months cleaning up the rest of the frame?;D

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks. But link didn't work for me.
Small change in the spacing or something?

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
And if nobody has said it already, welcome to classicbroncos too!

Paul

jim3326

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Appleturkey
Before, after and finished.

Attachments

• Body mount 1.jpg
    Body mount 1.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 84
  • Body mount 1.5.jpg
    Body mount 1.5.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 94
  • Painted Frame.jpg
    Painted Frame.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 89
OP
OP
1strodeo

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Nice work Jim, Fitz I don't know if a PO cut them out, but I do know that 5 of the 8 body mounts are similar size, posting pics.
Paul I haven't done any work to the frame before yesterday, but I think I've just about got it ready for coating. What's left of the body mounts is good metal, and the guy doing my tub said he could address them after I do the frame prep/paint.

Attachments

• IMG_2998.jpg
    IMG_2998.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_2999.jpg
    IMG_2999.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_3001.jpg
    IMG_3001.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 48

jim3326

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Appleturkey
Thanks. No, those are all rotted out. I would be worried about the low spots in the frame on the inside. They could be pretty severely eaten out.