• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need some help with door lock position

D.R.Y.

Loc.
The Netherlands
HI Guys
I am putting back to gather and noticed on my new doors I forgot to drill out new holes for the door locks. MY problem is since the bronco was off to paint the old original doors went to the scrap yard before I could make a template for where the hole should be. (they did not have holes since 66-67 had different locations.

Can anyone give me the measurements or a template for the door lock holes on a 1967 Bronco?

OP
OP
D

D.R.Y.

Loc.
The Netherlands
Does anyone in North Texas or OKC south have a 1967 Bronco I could come and take door lock measurements from? I will be in Gainsesville , Texas the 15-22 March

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sorry nobody's had the info for so long.
Maybe PM 904Bronco here (I'll e-mail him right now as a heads-up) and ask him if he can get the measurements.
He's working on a '67 right now and has the doors of.

Good luck.

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
So you have new doors. Are they used originals, or new-new from one of the manufacturers?

Aren't the latch locations in a different location as well? Are you going to cut-n-move them too, or is that already taken care of?

Paul

taipeichris

Bronco Guru
Hi Paul,
Would pics of 66 door lock locations help? I could post some if it helps. Whatcha think?
:cool:

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That's interesting. Good to know. I thought they were the same exactly. But then, I've never had two of them side by side or spent much time with either. Wouldn't surprise me too much that Ford made a quick running change, then a bigger one the next year.

Paul

PaveBronco

No exact measurements but I found this on the Google, never knew either.

Attachments

• Presentation1.jpg
    Presentation1.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 40

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
That's interesting. Good to know. I thought they were the same exactly. But then, I've never had two of them side by side or spent much time with either. Wouldn't surprise me too much that Ford made a quick running change, then a bigger one the next year.

Paul

They moved them up for '67 because of the belt line trim pkg.

67 Halfcab

Will these work?

Attachments

• image1.jpeg.jpg
    image1.jpeg.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 24
  • image2.jpeg.jpg
    image2.jpeg.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 25
OP
OP
D

D.R.Y.

Loc.
The Netherlands
Thanks Paul for getting things going
I bought replacement doors the handle hole are done as 66-67 were the Sam but the lock hole are different so they left that to the new owner. I mistakingly threw out my originals before I realized I needed them.
Thanks 67 half cab for the measurements I am sure we can get it from your photos