• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Just finished...

mystery lights

Loc.
Winnipeg, MB, Can
Just finished my Bronco in time for the show here. Had to show it off...I've been hard at it for the past year!
What do you think?

Attachments

• 73 bronco -2.jpg
    73 bronco -2.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 2,622

Slick

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Petoskey, MI
?:?

Is that a set of rocky roads bumpers??? ...looks like 1 of their hoods too. Shawn was big on paint matching the flares too... did he do the work on this rig?

any more pics????

:cool:

OP
OP
M

mystery lights

Loc.
Winnipeg, MB, Can
Slick said:
?:?

Is that a set of rocky roads bumpers??? ...looks like 1 of their hoods too. Shawn was big on paint matching the flares too... did he do the work on this rig?

any more pics????
Hood is from the great guys at Wild Horses...I'm up in Canada and did everything myself. In case you are wondering the gas filler is behind the hinged tail-light.

:)

Attachments

• book5.jpg
    book5.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 1,481

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
Its beautiful man! Great work...how about some specs?!?!? Did you build it for show mostly or are you driving it regularly and getting it dirty sometimes? How long did it take you to do it and what was it like when you started? You should be mighty proud.

broncobsession

Bronco Guru
Looks awesome...that looks like a Pro Flow hood (not a RR hood). Are the bumpers homemade? They resemble ProtoFab but not exactly. Nice rig...congratulations.

EDIT: you answered both questions already.

Slick

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Petoskey, MI
what did you do to your wipers???

I see them but don't see the linkage???

Are they indipendant motors or did ya find a way to make 'em work without look'n nasty?

NICE job BTW...

Didn't notice the fuel doors till ya mentioned that! pretty slick...

OP
OP
M

mystery lights

Loc.
Winnipeg, MB, Can
Some answers...
Bumpers and swing out carrier I made myself,
347 stroker with GT-40 EFI intake, edelbrock heads, 4R70W trans, JBA headers, Vintage Air A/C, power windows, power door locks, heated seats, digital dash, cruise, tilt, leather interior, Remote start and alarm, Line-X everywhere.
Wipers are from a 71 Landcruiser (Cable drive---much smaller!)

Just finished and will wait till I get some parking lot dings before I hit the mud ;)

OP
OP
M

mystery lights

Loc.
Winnipeg, MB, Can
trailpsycho said:
Its beautiful man! Great work...how about some specs?!?!? Did you build it for show mostly or are you driving it regularly and getting it dirty sometimes? How long did it take you to do it and what was it like when you started? You should be mighty proud.

Took me a year to do and was in boxes when I got it...not much left of what I bought originally! The guy I bought it from Bullsh*tted about what he had done to the motor, diffs, trans, etc, so that all got tossed or changed. I am so tempted to post his name here....!!!!!

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
Mystery lights!

That is fantastic! Congratulations on a fantastic job!

Where did you get those air vents? Are they from Vintage Air as well?

Thanks!

MnkyBiz

Slick

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Petoskey, MI
mystery lights said:
Some answers...

Wipers are from a 71 Landcruiser (Cable drive---much smaller!)

;)

Wow :eek: how do they work??

I'd love to see your build up photos etc... esp the interior!!! ;D

do you have a website for it errr anything?? the more I look at it the more it impresses me... it's the lil details

OP
OP
M

mystery lights

Loc.
Winnipeg, MB, Can
The Toy wipers are a little closer together so I had to move the passenger 'hole' inboard a bit. I also had to shorten the shafts so they didn't stick out 2 inches. Otherwise all you see is a motor on the pass side with a flex shaft going out to the drivers side.

I don't have a site or anything but I can post more pics...maybe in the Members section as I don't want to crowd the Discussion Board.

I have to pic it up from the show tonight and will try to get some clearer shots of it...

By the way...just found out...I won best of class!

bronco977

Loc.
Bakersfield
SWEET! Your Bronco is now my Windows desktop background! From now on, if I lose my enthusiasm for my project, I'll just get inspiration from yours. Nice job!

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
Very, very nice!! excellent work. You deserve the trophy for sure,eh? ;)

Please, If you have the time profile your rig for us with photos of all the little things. Every nook and cranny. I would love to see them as well as everyone else I'm sure.

I like the hand brake.
Tell us about the roll bar.
Man you could be a tech writing hero. ;D

You really do need to document what youv'e done. It looks really well thought out. Im sure Jon or someone could help you out if you supply the photos!

Dan