• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Cut out doors finished

powersfab

Loc.
West Michigan
I Just finished my doors!:p

Attachments

• door1.jpg
    door1.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 698
Last edited:

Skidmark

Loc.
Boise, Idaho
That looks great. Very creative! give us a pic of the whole truck as well. It looks very clean/professional from the pics you gave us.

broncobud

Loc.
Eaton Rapids
would you consider doing that with fiberglass doors? I have a set that have the window frames cut off for summer, but would like to have them like you are doing them..

OP
OP
powersfab

powersfab

Loc.
West Michigan
broncobud said:
would you consider doing that with fiberglass doors? I have a set that have the window frames cut off for summer, but would like to have them like you are doing them..
I think fiber glas doors would most likly be easyer and better than steel. Go for it I like these much better than the inserts i had on the bronco before. its going to An amash canvas shop on monday for a cover. I left the windo frame in place for the canvas i will post a picture when i get it back.

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
Ric,

Have you thought of offering both styles to all of your wonderful buddies here at CB.com???? I am sure you could score a sale or two!!!!

If not, how about a nice fat tech article so that those of us, who are still chicken about tackling something like this, can learn!!!!

Looks incredible!!!!

MnkyBiz

KST1

Nice job! That's something I've been thinking of for a while now. Just haven't gotten "a round tuit"%) . You pulled it off nicely.

-D

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
Sweet doors. Excellent work. I wish I had the skills and the time. Keep us posted on how the turn out after the windows are done. Dang i'm jealous!!!

72_EB

66to77
Powersfab,

Those are killer! Hey, where are you in west Michigan? I'm on the other side of the lake. Might be worth swinging out to take a look. You got my wheels turning now. I like those doors!
Why did you keep the upper frames by the way? Are you thinking an insert in there to use them in the winter?

OP
OP
powersfab

powersfab

Loc.
West Michigan
I kept the window frames to attach a canvas snap on window for fowl weather. It’s at the canvas shop right now. I will post some pics when I get it back. I live in Fremont its about 30-mi. from Muskegon. With some luck I will be in twin lakes WI next weekend for Country Thunder. I will have the Bronco there if I can get tickets for the new ferry from Muskegon to Milwaukee. But the ferry is booked through augest I have been told. If I cant get on the ferry I’ll be going in the...Gulp...mini van:'(