• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Cut door finished

Hawk

Some pictures of the door installed

20040803102027_door2.JPG
[br]

20040803102046_door3.JPG
[br]

20040803101944_door1.JPG
[br]

20040803101850_Door.JPG
[br]

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
That looks great. Now tell us how you made them?
And looks like you wore out your lil helper;D

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
Sweet Doors. Yeah some more info would be awesome. Great job.
you want to do mine for me;D

HotWheels

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Twilight Zone
hmmmmmm...you're not Feitctaj neighbor are you? poor doggie....

btw the door (and the whole rig) look killer!!

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
HotWheels said:
hmmmmmm...you're not Feitctaj neighbor are you? poor doggie....

btw the door (and the whole rig) look killer!!
LMAO ony you HW LOL;D

RKM

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Huntingtown, MD
looks great! exactly what I am in the works of doing. I wanted to use the lines of the inner door panel. It looks like that is what you did. Am I wrong? Are you going to hook up you release to you old lock rod. So when you pull it the door opens?

My pup was in the same boat a few weeks ago. My other pup German Sheopard thought the little one was a squeeky toy. :'( Not good. The whole side of hew was shaved and stiched. Luckly the K9 missed her lungs. Needless to say the GS is a outside dog now. And the little one is still skittish.

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
Again Awesome work man! Thanks for the detailed shots. Makes me want to go look for some spare doors and give it a go!;D

TexasBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Waterford, MI
great look. I am planning remove my window frames, and weld up the handle and all that stuff. And then weld the inside smooth and rig up a handle of sorts and a way to pop the door open. So I can remove them with the lift off hinges, but keep the semi dorrs for around town.

OP
OP
Hawk

Hawk

The latch to open the door.

20040710073158_unlocker.jpg

Just bend the stock bar and brought it straight to the inside near the latch, bent a loop at the end.
You just have to pull the loop forward.

RKM

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Huntingtown, MD
Not a bad idea. I have seen someone on this board some how hook the door lock rod to the lock release. All they did was pull the little lock thing up and the door opened. Pretty trick I thought...

Sabas

Ric, Nice work on the doors, see you on the trails soon.
Sabas

74bob

Loc.
Broomfield,CO
Great job on the doors.

My son has been working on something like that for his 79 FS Bronco. He has one side roughed in so to speak and even made hinge pins that are removable.

Dusty

Bronco Guru
Looks great Ric. You need to paint some rivets on it :)

Dusty