• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What's up with this picture? Astro Hydroboost install, Pics of how I did it.

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Astro Hydroboost Bellcrank Mod, Pics of how I did it.

What's up with this picture?

Figure it out and more details will come.

Attachments

• HydroEB.jpg
    HydroEB.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 4,339
Last edited:

blackjack

Loc.
San Diego
your hydro boost

Madgyver

How are you getting your hydro boost to work I see you mounted to the right of the steering column. How were you able to do this and work the linkage to the brake pedal?

Blackjack

OP
OP
Madgyver

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
2bad, you always notice the paint.... ;)

blackjack, I know you're working on your hydro install, it's only obvious you would catch this one.

I know alot of you will be interested in this......

It's the Astro hydroboost unit and bracket with a 77-82 Corvette disc/disc master cylinder.
It's the same MC that the vendors sell.

Attachments

• DSC00940.JPG
    DSC00940.JPG
    144.3 KB · Views: 2,166

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
He made a bellcrank for it. Is this the one the 435 is going in? If so then you didn't use the clutch mounting point however that might be an idea for some. It would require changing the brake pedal bends to be opposite of how they normally would be.

67EB_in_619

Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Diego
Other than the unorthadox placement of the booster, the passenger vent closed up, and the mysterious rag.... I noticed that you somehow managed to paint the backside of your dash but missed the fenders/hood.

Spill the beans about that booster!

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
The passenger vent isn't closed up. (Or at least there is no way to know from this pic if it is or not) The vent intake tube isn't installed which runs down through the hole in the passenger side of the cowl and down to the passenger kick panel. (Without seeing the kick panel there is no way to know) I plan to remove my vent tube since I see no reason that it really needs to be there. I have a different plan for that area over the cowl instead.

ChrisinWV

Bronco Guru
Loc.
St George Island, MD
OK Mad, I must know more
I like the looks of that bracket.
Seems it may even work in the stock location.
Not sure if I wanna lose my vent yet or not......
More pics please, can we see the hookup.
Thanks man
I love OPTIONS
Chris in Snowy WV

j.r.nice

Bronco Guru
driver's side air box is missing also.....
shirt is too small........
you're missing a tire valve cap........

NYLES

Bronco Guru
Did you want someone to say you used a booster thats supposed to point upward and turned it sideways or what? I know you dont want anymore nit pickin!