• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anyone have a pic of 66-69 front reflectors?

SeaBiscuit68

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tacoma Wa
I've never actually seen them mounted and am wondering how they look.

Attachments

• heddia.jpg
    heddia.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 169

IowaMike

Bronco Guru
I'll see if I can get a pic at lunchtime and send to you from my '68. I actually replaced the cracked ones that came with it when I bought it with some from a '60s something Ford van.

cbfomoco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
WV
take a look in the my galery link in my repley it is a 68. (it is the only pic i have at the moment)

IowaMike

Bronco Guru
You are talking about the side reflectors, right? My batteries were dead on the digicam. I'll pick up new ones and try again tonight.

OP
OP
SeaBiscuit68

SeaBiscuit68

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tacoma Wa
Well thanks but,

ghost66, even though I enlarged your picture and looked hard I swear I don't see them there. (could be me)

cbfomoco, again I'm not seeing front reflectors, maybe you thought I meant side reflectors. (or it's me)

If you look at the diagram I posted, it looks like they would mount above the turn signals but again I've never seen them installed. I do see them on epray once in awhile as loose parts.

Maybe IowaMike has the good pic. I'd really like to see this.

OP
OP
SeaBiscuit68

SeaBiscuit68

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tacoma Wa
IowaMike said:
You are talking about the side reflectors, right? My batteries were dead on the digicam. I'll pick up new ones and try again tonight.

I type too dang slow. In short nope. But thanks anyway

Anybody?????

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
:cool: :cool: :cool: None of the 66's I have owned had them 68's did and dont remember any on the 67's eather ?:? ?:? ?:? Bill %) :p :cool:

IowaMike

Bronco Guru
My pic would be of the side reflectors, mounted on the fender. I now see what you're looking at, the reflectoer above the turnsignal lense. Sorry, I can't help you with that one. I'll keep an eye out tho.

OP
OP
SeaBiscuit68

SeaBiscuit68

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tacoma Wa
wildbill said:
:cool: :cool: :cool: None of the 66's I have owned had them 68's did and dont remember any on the 67's eather ?:? ?:? ?:? Bill %) :p :cool:

Thanks Bill, I knew you'd know something. ;) They mounted to the grill right?
Maybe they were one of those options that few people chose.

mtkawboy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Billings Mt
My 68 dont have then but I dont have the side reflectors either. Build date of 11/67 may be why. Never have seen any front reflectors

ghost66

Bronco Guru
That's cause 66-67 don't have side reflectors they came out in 68 or 69 but I think they had an overrun of fenders from the first two years so even some of the 68/69 don't have them either.I have a photo of a 69 on my home computer I will send later.

QUOTE=SeaBiscuit68]Well thanks but,

ghost66, even though I enlarged your picture and looked hard I swear I don't see them there. (could be me)

cbfomoco, again I'm not seeing front reflectors, maybe you thought I meant side reflectors. (or it's me)

If you look at the diagram I posted, it looks like they would mount above the turn signals but again I've never seen them installed. I do see them on epray once in awhile as loose parts.

Maybe IowaMike has the good pic. I'd really like to see this.[/QUOTE]

ghost66

Bronco Guru
Maybe this is what you want to see this is a 69 with the reflectors placed low on the fender

SeaBiscuit68 said:
I've never actually seen them mounted and am wondering how they look.

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Seabiscuit,

In your diagram...is it part # 13380 that you are referring to? JUst checkin.

Blue71

69patriot76

Loc.
Centralia, WA
Seabiscuit,

Hey, you should take a closer look at your diagram. The only part in the diagram that is specifically 66/69 is notated with a DOT and would be the side reflector assembly. The grill reflector is marked with a STAR. It looks like the "wavy" bracket is designed to fit nicely around two of the horizontal "bars" in the grill opening. I have NEVER seen an EB with those. Maybe it was just something that made it to the drawing phase or was simply an option (STAR) that no one wanted. ???

fitpays

Loc.
Woodstown, NJ
they look like crap in my opinion. no offense to anyone. i only had one in tact in the front, but it was mint. i also had the two rear ones mint. you can have all three of them as far as i am concerned. if you decide you want them, email me and we'll figure something out for postage or whatever. they came off my 68. i am cutting mine up pretty good and cant possibly forsee ever needing them again. they go on the fenders and quartes. they also require drilling two holes to mount each one.

OP
OP
SeaBiscuit68

SeaBiscuit68

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tacoma Wa
Blue71 said:
Seabiscuit,

In your diagram...is it part # 13380 that you are referring to? JUst checkin.

Blue71

Yes, exactly.

Oh and ya I did get my stars and asterisks mixed up so the 66-69 reference would not apply. But still...

mtkawboy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Billings Mt
I found 2 pictures of the front reflectors in a book of road tests called Ford Bronco 4X4 Performance Portfolio 1966-1977. Its a June 69 test from Four Wheeler magazine pages 43 & 44. First Id heard fo them so I was looking thur the book to see if it showed them