• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Average age of an EB owner? Possible Bronco Driver magazine article, please vote!!!!

What's your age?

• 15-21

Votes: 58 9.3%
  • 22-30

Votes: 164 26.2%
  • 31-40

Votes: 258 41.1%
  • 41-50

Votes: 112 17.9%
  • 51-60

Votes: 27 4.3%
  • 61-

Votes: 8 1.3%

• Total voters

Bronco Sport

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW Portland, Oregon
I was wondering what's the average age of an EB owner on this site. I think this has been posted before, but it was awhile back. Let's see how many votes we can get to get an accurate age? Since it seems that our Bronco's are getting more in demand even as they age I thought it would be cool to see who's driving them. Thoughts.....comments.... stories??
Thanks!
Bronco Sport

Last edited:

RKM

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Huntingtown, MD
ohhh I think I was the first to reply ;D . Like it matters.

Under thoughts and comments. I have always like them since I was about 16. 12 years ago I guess. I always wanted one, and until last fall. I found my chance to get bitten by the bug...Boy it leaves a big welt.

RT

Bronco Guru
The first one I bought was four years old..I wish I wasn't such a dumbass kid to swap it for a newer pickup.
If only I had read off road magazines (along with the Playboys) I might have realized what I had and kept it .

I catch on quick..................no matter how long it takes me... %)

daddyg

Bronco Parts Collector
Loc.
Toney,AL
I have owned mine since I was 15. Through the years many things changed in my life but I always held onto my Bronco.

OP
OP
Bronco Sport

Bronco Sport

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW Portland, Oregon
daddyg said:
I have owned mine since I was 15. Through the years many things changed in my life but I always held onto my Bronco.

Cool, I got mine a few years ago.... but I've always known it. My Grandfather bought mine in '68 and I was born in '70. So I can remember many years of driving all over town in it and many camping and hunting trips. Trips down to the lake and trips on snowy days when all the other cars were stuck. I tried so many times when I was younger to buy the Bronco from him but I think he still was too attached. He held onto it until he couldn’t drive anymore, and then he gave it to my Dad. Then after my Dad basically didn’t drive it I was able to talk him into selling or giving it to me. He finally then just gave it to me. As you said many thing have changed but my Bronco is still around and will stay in the family!

vbro

I was first introduced to them in high school...a classmate in autoshop owned one. After owning a blazer in my early 20's I wanted a truck that was more agile but still had the v8 power.
I was talking to one of those AmWay guys just after I bought my rig. He gave me that pitch "Don't you want to be able to buy your dream car?" I told him that I already do and it's paid for ;D

69patriot76

Loc.
Centralia, WA
I'm not sure which one of us is older...

I was made in March '69 and my rig in either March or April '69. (and we both have '68 parts, if you think about it...)

Aint that cute? :p

daddyg

Bronco Parts Collector
Loc.
Toney,AL
Since I was 15 when I got it I couldn't drive without a parent with me, so my Dad and I would go mud riding. I have alot of great memories with my Dad either riding in or working on the Bronco. Now that my Dad is in the last stages of brain cancer I treasure those memories even more. Now I am hoping to create new memories with my kids, so I am trying to get the Bronco back into shape as time allows.

commonlaw

Loc.
Seattle
I am 26 years old. Seems like there are quite a few younger guys driving these things. I have always loved these things and wondered, when I saw others driving them, whether the owner really loved the truck or thought it was a novelty. Well, after owning one and maintaining it as a daily driver, I know that you better love your EB wheels cause they take some care and constant attention. I live near downtown Seattle and still drive this thing every day and unfortunately, I bet that some people think it is a novelty (especially with gas prices).

Attachments

• 412005_10650_0 (2).jpg
    412005_10650_0 (2).jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 68

66BroncoWA

I've had mine longer than my first born child who was born in 1981.

I'm 51 and it was sure hard to select 51-60 on the poll. I'm not sure I like being lumped in with people that are 60.

Oh well, like they say,

we all have to grow up sometime, but we can act like a kid as long as we want to.

OP
OP
Bronco Sport

Bronco Sport

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW Portland, Oregon
These are all great to read. We should also do a poll to see who has had theirs the longest. Keep e'm coming I love reading this stuff!!!

Thanks!
Bronco Sport

70bronco

Loc.
Kingsburg, CA
I've lusted for Early Broncos for so long I don't remember when my addiction actually started. I bought my 70bronco in 1995 from my brother who owned it since 1985. Gave him $800 for it...that was $10,000 ago. :eek: Funny..it don't look $10000 better. %) BTW...I'm older than my Bronco. ;D

chromeyellow

Loc.
Lecompte, Louisiana
I Am Just A Kid At 41. That Makes Me Sound Like I'm Supposed To Be Grown Up. Yea Right! My Dad Was A Ford Parts And Service Manager When I Was A Little Kid And He Drove Them As Demo's. I Loved Them Ever Since.

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
I'll hit 32 this year, so I am in the bottom half of that age grouping!!!!

But....all I gotta say is I GOT MY RIG!!!!!

I feel for those my age who are driving Ni$$ans or H0nd@s!!!!

Yup, love my Monkey Mobile!!!