• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

paint code for BF Goodrich bronco

huntingbuck101

dose any one know the paint code or name they used on the BF Goodrich poster child Bronco or one close to it? mixed up chrysler paint code GL (electric lime) to day at work and looks close but not quite it, made my own color that looked better then GL but would like to go with something I can mix up by code in case I need to paint something on it a few years latter.

Bronco Wild

Loc.
Nubraska
That is freaky weird...I was at a friend of a friends today that is going to paint my 77' and we kicked around that idea. The more I stare at that poster in my garage, the more I like that green...but I've gotta go with powder coat on the cage and bumpers...that rig has way too much green! Some stainless mixed in would make one nice lookin' babe! I've got new black pacers and of course the flares...black, green and stainless...yeah baby!!!

C'mon, whos got the digs on the code???!!!

OP
OP
H

huntingbuck101

The first time I saw that ad for BFG I Knew I waned to do a Bronco like that and now I'm going to.
dose any one know when that ad came out?

YelloTx73

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Katy/Galveston, TX
What about this Imron green? Or is it too bright?

~yup, looks a little bit light. Like 2bad said, probably a custom job

Attachments

• 11615PROTO_033-med.jpg
    11615PROTO_033-med.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 119
  • bronco%20green.jpg
    bronco%20green.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 102

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
That color is probably a specialty color and not a factory color. Try looking at PPG's " hot licks " colors or some type of comercial color chart.

Bronco Wild

Loc.
Nubraska
YelloTx73 said:
What about this Imron green? Or is it too bright?
That's not a bad lookin' Bronc! I'd like something a little "deeper and darker" yet not "forest greenish"...which is why the BF ad always took me in...maybe it looks different in person, but I'm willing to take the chance... :)

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
I have a few chip books here at home. I looked and found a few greens that it could be. Go to autobody supply store and look at chips...

"Earth wind colors" PPG # 47613 willow green, 47614 parrot green

"Brite and bold graphic colors" PPG # 46557 lime twist

"Hot Licks" colors PPG # 83309 electric yellow, 46973 hot lime, 83308 light yellow green, 46979 get em green

Hope this helps you :)

BroncoJAK

Bronco Guru
Hey 2bad, you think somthing like the SW color eye would work on the poster? Problably not with it being a printed page. Cool if it could work though. I've never tried it on anything but paint. Personally I think the color is in the editing because everything in the picture is that color.

Bronco Wild

Loc.
Nubraska
2badrotties said:
I have a few chip books here at home. I looked and found a few greens that it could be. Go to autobody supply store and look at chips...

"Earth wind colors" PPG # 47613 willow green, 47614 parrot green

"Brite and bold graphic colors" PPG # 46557 lime twist

"Hot Licks" colors PPG # 83309 electric yellow, 46973 hot lime, 83308 light yellow green, 46979 get em green

Hope this helps you :)

This is going in the "file"...thanks a bunch ;D And thanks for bringing this up

Skuzzlebutt

PhD, Dr. of Broncology
Loc.
Honeymoon Bay
Odds are, that Bronco wasn't even green before the picture of it was Photoshopped. and the color you see will vary from computer to computer, as well as from magazine to magazine. Even if someone sold "BFG Bronco Green," it would only match when the lighting was just right.
So anyways...
just find something close that you like.

sstlaure

Bronco Slacker
YelloTx73 said:
You know what, that BFG green color looks pretty similar to sstlaure's buddies bronco too

His is House of Kolor Limetime Green Pearl. (Waddaya mean too much green ;D )

Attachments

• DSC01219.JPG
    DSC01219.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 63

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
sstlaure said:
His is House of Kolor Limetime Green Pearl. (Waddaya mean too much green ;D )

I think Scott's buddy's truck is pretty close/about as close to what you're going to get.

The Bronco on the poster is a forest green in real life-very different from the poster. As someone else mentioned, I'm sure the BFG art department did a lot of creative photo editing to come up with that shot. They've done a lot of other posters (yellow Ford Ranger, blue Shelby, etc.) that follow the same theme.

Todd Z.

sstlaure

Bronco Slacker
House of Kolor has some great colors. Planet Green is in the "Black Pearls" section, the Limetime is a "Designer Pearl", or for the ultimate in brightness, you should check out the Shimrin Neon Green (NE50). The chips don't do the paint justice. I'd suggest ordering a pint and painting up a hubcap (or something else with a rounded profile, so that you can really see the true color and pearl effect before you commit to $$$$ for all of the material.)

http://www.hokpaint.com/chips.html