• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

How to cycle injectors??

bsaunder

Bronco Guru
I'm running through my SEFI setup and seem to have a stuck injector (stuck open) as it dumps fuel when I turn the pumps on and unfortunately I loaned my books out so I can't reference them right now.

Is there any way I can cycle the injectors like you can the fuel pumps through the diagnostic port?
If not, do the injectors get a 12v signal to open and if so is it polarized as to which injector lead gets the 12v?

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
You can cycle the injectors during the self test. If I recall right you let it run a self test after it is running. Once it runs through the codes twice you have two minutes to punch the accelerator about 3/4 of the way to the floor. Then it will test the injectors by dropping each one and checking for a drop in RPM's. Any that do not drop are reported back just like the normal codes following the test. You can manually perform the same test by pulling each plug while it is running and check for a drop of about 100 rpms. Failure of it to drop that indicates a bad injector at that cylinder.