• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

351W EFI Swap

70EB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Gig Harbor
I am getting very close to finishing my EFI swap on my 351W crate motor. First off, thanks for all the previous help with some of my earlier questions. Now for my latest question:

Once I finsh up the RJM wiring install (enroute in the mail) and hook up my fuel delivery system (single HP pump - per Saddleups recommendation - and AN lines that I had left over from my carb setup) can I cycle the fuel pump to test for leaks without the upper manifold on?

I had to modify 98 Explorer fuel rails (widened them with fuel injection specific rubber hose and clamps) and I want to make sure that as I build up pressure in the system that I have no leaks prior to bolting up the upper intake (gets a little crowded in there).

The lower intake is already mounted with the 24lb injectors and fuel rails, inlet/outlet adapters and I will hook up the fuel lines this weekend.

Thanks
Bill

Attachments

• SEFI_SERP.JPG
    SEFI_SERP.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 116
  • SEFI_SERP2.JPG
    SEFI_SERP2.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 106
  • finished_side.jpg
    finished_side.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 91
  • Intake Painted.JPG
    Intake Painted.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 141

WheelHorse

Bronco Guru
70EB said:
I am getting very close to finishing my EFI swap on my 351W crate motor. First off, thanks for all the previous help with some of my earlier questions. Now for my latest question:

Once I finsh up the RJM wiring install (enroute in the mail) and hook up my fuel delivery system (single HP pump - per Saddleups recommendation - and AN lines that I had left over from my carb setup) can I cycle the fuel pump to test for leaks without the upper manifold on?

Yes, your fuel rails will be bolted to the lower.

I had to modify 98 Explorer fuel rails (widened them with fuel injection specific rubber hose and clamps) and I want to make sure that as I build up pressure in the system that I have no leaks prior to bolting up the upper intake (gets a little crowded in there).

The lower intake is already mounted with the 24lb injectors and fuel rails, inlet/outlet adapters and I will hook up the fuel lines this weekend.

Thanks
Bill

Yes, your fuel rails will be bolted to the lower.

COBlu77

Loc.
Arvada, CO
You can run the fuel pump by grounding the fuel pump pin on the ECC test plug http://fordfuelinjection.com/?p=13. When you do this the fuel pump should run continuously. Definately do this to check for leaks and also to check your fuel pressure, before you start it. Disconnect the vacumm line to fuel regulator and hook up you pressure guage to the schraeder valve on your fuel line. I used some extra -6 an SS hose and fuel injection hose clamps to connect the fuel rails and it has worked well.

I carry a piece of wire with a flat male end and an alligator clip on the other for this and to access the self test codes.

One other thing, make sure the "Spring Lock" on the fuel line has completely engaged the lip on your fuel rail connections. You need to hear it click and make sure you can't pull them out. If not, they will slowly work themselves out and create a huge problem or fire, don't ask how I know.

Last edited: