• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Recent Surgery on the Monkey Mobile

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
All,

I have been quiet lazy, but not ignoring the Monkey Mobile.

Here are a few teaser shots of my EFI install. I chose the Edelbrock kit as I have no engine bay room for a Mustang type swap. I also like the fact that the Edelbrock kit keeps a pseudo stock look to it.

More to come!

Bill

Attachments

• Slide1.JPG
    Slide1.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 119
  • Slide2.JPG
    Slide2.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 103
  • Slide3.JPG
    Slide3.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 147
  • Slide4.JPG
    Slide4.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 204

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
Looks good and make sure you have no leaks, don't want another fire;)

j.r.nice

Bronco Guru
Bill

Looks great....ought to run better than the 2 bbl eh? Keep us posted.

Glad to hear/see you are feeling back to normal and working on the MNKY mobile!!

J R

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
MnkyBiz

EFI looks great but somthing else in your photos got my attention. You have a serpintine setup and it has an A/C pump. What serp setup are you using? Also, is that 302 or 351? I'm gatering parts for an A/C install and I want to change to Serp at the same time. I'm currently stalled because I'm not sure what Serp System I'm going to use.

OP
OP
MnkyBiz

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
casadejohnson,

When I was looking at a Serp Setup, I broke down & just purchased the whole kit from Chuck at BCBroncos! The kit is what you would find of a late 80's Mustang. But I wanted it fast & already cleaned/powdercoated!

BCBronco's Kit came with everything & the AC is from Vintage Air, but if I were to do it again, I would have ordered that from Chuck as well!.

Let me know if you need more info!

Bill

RKM

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Huntingtown, MD
Good morning. Looking good. I was also going to comment on the AC. I have a complete mustang setup that I hope to fit in mine. The fuel injection looks like it is coming along for you. I would love to give you a hand this weekend. However my schedule is slammed. Garage sale Sat. morning. Bachelor party early evening until ?. Then I fly out to Washington state for a few days for work.

Good luck with the install. Ohh and is that a mustang Hydro unit I see. My little monkey is climbing all over me and helping my type this. So I need to go.

Cheers.
Ryan

OP
OP
MnkyBiz

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
Ryan,

The Hydro unit is the one that is made by Hydroboost.com and sold by most all the EB retailers. I think I purchased mine through WildHorses4x4, but can't remember. All I remember is that I went with whichever one was cheapest!

Enjoy the monkey! Michaela is growing soooo fast!

Bill

RedLeg0811

Loc.
Maltby, WA
Hi Mnkybiz,

Would you be able to get a couple good pictures of your hydroboost and PS box and gear for me? I am trying to gather my thought on what to do. Your engine is looking sweet.

Thanks
Martin

OP
OP
MnkyBiz

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
It is supposed to Tstorm here all day, so I'll probably not get to it until this weekend. AS soon as I do, more photos!

Bill

j.r.nice

Bronco Guru
.....t'storms???? :eek: ....well then could you run around in the yard with a big aluminum ladder? that would be fun to see too!! ;D

j.r.nice

Bronco Guru
MnkyBiz said:
Thanks for the peanut gallery comment! Speaking of sillyness......where are the posts on your BB!!!!! Hah!

OK, you caught me Bill!! I've been messing around. (plus I told mom I'd help her get rid of some "stuff" so I'm ebaying)

Actually I am very interested in this install. I bought an 87 EFI 5.0 for another car and am kicking around the serpentine setup. I am soooo old skool and it's hard to change the tide! Thanks for the post!!
(so the ladder is out of the question eh? what if I post some pics of me jumping from trees or something???? )

J R

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
j.r.nice said:
OK, you caught me Bill!! I've been messing around. (plus I told mom I'd help her get rid of some "stuff" so I'm ebaying)

Actually I am very interested in this install. I bought an 87 EFI 5.0 for another car and am kicking around the serpentine setup. I am soooo old skool and it's hard to change the tide! Thanks for the post!!
(so the ladder is out of the question eh? what if I post some pics of me jumping from trees or something???? )

J R
I want to see pics of both of you doing it lmao;D ;D