• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Product - B.C. Broncos Water Pump Pulley

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
Well we finally have a 2 groove V belt pulley that is smaller than the crank pulley. It's made of alumninum and is 5.375" dia. compared to the stock 6.5" that most EB's came with. The smaller pulley will turn the fan and water pump about 30% faster. More air is always good in a EB.

Attachments

• web3638.jpg
    web3638.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 54

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Brettman said:
Ooops, Major Brainfart was thinking the lower crankshaft pulley!:eek: :eek:

you been drooling on yr avatar too much lately maybe..;D

Cactus killer

Sponsor/Vendor
It looks good. I guess I should call more often. So is it a direct replacement and I am guessing it will work with the later water pumps with the bigger bolt pattern.

BigFord74

Loc.
Nixa,Mo
Amazing what you find when you click the sponser's links on top of the site and the side. Here is a direct quote from B.C. Bronco's.

This billet aluminum pulley has 2 groves and is made of 6061 T6 aluminum. It is 5.375" dia. and replaces the larger (6.5") stock water pump pulley. This smaller water pump pulley increases the fan and water pump speed by 29%. Drilled to fit both water pump bolt patterns.

And according to there site it's $100.

sdever98

I have the march performance V-belt setup and I think the high flow water pump pulley is 5" in diameter.

OP
OP
C

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
broncolove said:
Chuck, Will this work with the stock pullys without any mods.

Thanks Tom
Yes, they were made to replace the stock pulley but smaller. I went 5.375 because I didn't want to have the fan/waterpump turning too fast. I also made it to fit both bolt patterns

OP
OP
C

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
sdever98 said:
I have the march performance V-belt setup and I think the high flow water pump pulley is 5" in diameter.
The 5" should be O.K. as long as the crank pulley is 6"-6.5". In most of the performance pulley sets the crank pulley is smaller than the waterpump pulley and that makes the fan/waterpump turn slower.

OP
OP
C

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
BigFord74 said:
Amazing what you find when you click the sponser's links on top of the site and the side. Here is a direct quote from B.C. Bronco's.

This billet aluminum pulley has 2 groves and is made of 6061 T6 aluminum. It is 5.375" dia. and replaces the larger (6.5") stock water pump pulley. This smaller water pump pulley increases the fan and water pump speed by 29%. Drilled to fit both water pump bolt patterns.

And according to there site it's $100.
Thanks Bigford74, all is true