• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Another EB Racer heading for Baja

coachbarnes

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
Well, it's finally happening. We'll be leaving in a couple of hours and I'll be meeting Chuck (BC Broncos) down in Ensenada in a few days. To all of you who have helped, encouraged, advised -- whatever -- THANKS! I hope to represent the EB community in a positive way, and come back with an Old School win at the Baja 1000! See ya -- Scott

oh yeah -- if you want to track Chuck and I during the race, it starts on Thursday, November 16th. We should be leaving from the staring line at about 12:00 PST. You can track us real time during the race (about 33+ hrs) at this link. http://www.irctracking.com/ I will be #302, and Chuck is #349.

Attachments

• DSC_0001_1.jpg
    DSC_0001_1.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 425
  • DSC_0002_1.jpg
    DSC_0002_1.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 327
  • DSC_0003_1.jpg
    DSC_0003_1.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 250
  • DSC_0004_1.jpg
    DSC_0004_1.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 235
  • DSC_0005_1.jpg
    DSC_0005_1.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 433
  • DSC_0006_1.jpg
    DSC_0006_1.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 282

notnrml

I'll be following you guys and wish you both the best of luck!

Rob

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
We will be tracking too, and good luck ;D

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Good luck Scott! We'll be thinking of you and of course watching/listening on our computer here in AZ too.

Oh, and I can't resist one final prep note - ziptie your intercom wires to the pumper tubes - helps getting everything plugged in correctly a little easier and ensures you are plugging your co-dog's intercom line into your helmet and vice versa (don't ask me how I know :)).

Todd Z.

broncow72

Village Idiot
Loc.
Spring,TX.
Good luch Scott. Got the shirts. Can't thank you enough.
I'll be watching on-line and my brother will be scouting for you at the start to give his best also. He's doing the "boys" trip with his 3 kids.

Alan

brian72

Early Bronco Student
that thing looks great...hope in runs great for you

Airborne69

Loc.
Moorpark, CA
good luck and be safe!! and try to keep that trailer away from it after you start. Broncos and trailers dont go good together. They like driving better :)

RRRAAAYYY2

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Brantford, Ontario
Best of luck, will be following closely, imagine the whole site will be. My only advice is to have fun. Though winning a race that wasnt fun is still worth while, LOL.

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
Looks great. Winning isnt as important as finishing; but finishing first would be sweet. Just run a good race and have fun!

Eoth

Bronco Guru
Give-em Hell!! You are living many of our dreams.......

OP
OP
coachbarnes

coachbarnes

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
Hey Guys -- thanks for all the kind words. I'll try to keep you updated. Here's a couple of pics from today. We left Rockwall, Tx Saturday at about noon. We drove straight through to San Diego - about 23 hrs. We had dinner Sunday evening with a new friend from Reeves racing, and then hit it hard this morning. First stop was to get the racer inspected by Bill Savage, the SCORE tech guy. The first pic is Bill posing with us in front of our newly inspected Class 3 racer! It passed with flying colors, so we were off to a couple of other places for some last minute issues. You'll see a pic of Mat Peritte (MP on this site) He met up with us Sunday night and will be hanging with us the entire trip. He's working on our breather, trying to get more air to the intake. Then we find out his sister works for Red Bull, and she sent over a couple of Red Bull girls to give us 6 cases of product!! That's Matt on the left, and my racing partner John on the left. In between them are those VERY nice Red Bull girls. How cool was that???

Take care all -- We head South tomorrow!! Hopefully I can scrounge an Internet connection and let you know how it's going!

See ya -- Scott

Attachments

• Savage.jpg
    Savage.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 108
  • MPatWork.jpg
    MPatWork.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 92
  • RedBull1.jpg
    RedBull1.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 166