• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Cheap rearview mirrors when running without doors.

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Here is a cheap easy way to have mirrors when driving without doors.

Sure beats that dredded neck twists to look for vehicles on the drivers side lane when changing lanes.
I also got one mounted on the passenger side peeking through the dash and front cage. Good enough for me to see what's going on on that side..

I got these from Checker's for about $12. for the mirrors and velcro. It is adjustable and with the velcro it is removable for when the doors go back on.

Attachments

• DSC01574.JPG
    DSC01574.JPG
    152.3 KB · Views: 955
  • DSC01581.JPG
    DSC01581.JPG
    149.4 KB · Views: 269
  • DSC01579.JPG
    DSC01579.JPG
    140.3 KB · Views: 396
  • DSC01577.JPG
    DSC01577.JPG
    152.5 KB · Views: 361
  • DSC01576.JPG
    DSC01576.JPG
    132.2 KB · Views: 289
  • DSC01575.JPG
    DSC01575.JPG
    148.9 KB · Views: 324

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
Way to go Mad

vitalon02.jpg

Hawkdoc

Great little trick. Have any good idea's for mirrors when running a STC top and doors with the fiberglass inserts without doing a fender mount???

ransil

Bronco Guru
Like this?

Attachments

• DSC01876.JPG
    DSC01876.JPG
    108.1 KB · Views: 370
  • DSC01883.JPG
    DSC01883.JPG
    178.7 KB · Views: 372

Hawkdoc

Like the idea of doing the windshield frame mount to get them up and out of the way a little. Thanks for the idea, now to find some and get them installed to keep the "helpfull" officers of my case.

Hawkdoc

ransil said:
Like this?
My doors wrap up on the inserts, not sure those would work. Where did they come from? may pick up a set and try them.

eb66to77

Bronc'Ownly
Loc.
NOVA
Yeah those do look great but a peep mirror is a mirror that clamps to the door frame or the drip rail (rain gutter). Originally a hot item for old hot rodders. You could do what ransil did with the stock style mirrors too. That would look pretty sweet. I am putting on some peeps since the originals give me neck pain trying to do a mirror check. I ahve the full hard doors though.

ransil

Bronco Guru
Hawkdoc said:
My doors wrap up on the inserts, not sure those would work. Where did they come from? may pick up a set and try them.

Cabelas, they are ATV mirrors.

backpain

Bronco Guru
Here is a cheap easy way to have mirrors when driving without doors.

Sure beats that dredded neck twists to look for vehicles on the drivers side lane when changing lanes.
I also got one mounted on the passenger side peeking through the dash and front cage. Good enough for me to see what's going on on that side..

I got these from Checker's for about $12. for the mirrors and velcro. It is adjustable and with the velcro it is removable for when the doors go back on.

F250 and EB, I run those full time on the side view mirrors. Mucho improved visibility (especially F250 blindspots where Toyatas live) with those parabolics.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
used your spot mirror idea on mine Mad.....works great!

450rbronco

i used the reg jeep style mirrors like on cjs and cut them and turned tube so bend would be right to mount the mounting base on the hood then when on trail i can fold them in to lay on hood

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Hay Mad....was wondering if anyone has ever tried to use a matching set of windshield rearview mirrors as side mirrors?? Like maybe mounted to the edge of the w.shield frame or cage.....I was thinking you could tap through the screw hole and bolt on somehow....sure don't mean to glue it on..Just a DP moment on my part I guess;)