• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Your Input Needed PLEASE. I Don't Want To Get Burned

cobralee

Loc.
Northwestern OK
I am looking into purchasing a 1977 Bronco Sport I found recently. I am looking for some advice as to how much you think one should give for it. It has a 302 w/4brl, C4, ps, pb, prerunner bumper that can mount a winch, a 2"
body lift and it also has a suspension lift (don't know exactly how much). It rides on 35" TSL Super Swampers with about 50% tread left. I do have some pictures that I can email if you are interested in seeing it. It runs really good and drives pretty good some front end wandering. It has a RV cam with headers and a Carter carb. Here is a list of the obvious things that need to be fixed on it. Auxilary tank is gone, door posts need to be replaced they are practically gone, other small rust issues that a little patch work could take care of, weatherstripping, gas gauge doesn't work, fender flares need replaced (cracked fiberglass). I know that it is practically impossible to appraise a vehicle without actually physically inspecting it in person but any advice is truly and greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
cobralee

cobralee

Loc.
Northwestern OK
I have talked him down to 8K. It does not come with any spare parts, there is surface rust in the following areas: left quarter and tail light area, driver's door as well as a small ding. I plan on replacing the rear quarter panel because I have a new one on standbuy. The one on the truck has quite a bit of surface rust. I am sure there are no lockers in it, I don't know what gears are in it but was not sluggish on take off so I don't think it is undergeared. It has the dana 44 fronts and the 9"bb rear. I don't know if it has been upgraded with heavy duty axle shafts or joints. The guy that owns it has only had it for close to a year. He has more projects than he knows what to do with and is looking to clear some out so he fund his others.

Skuzzlebutt

PhD, Dr. of Broncology
Loc.
Honeymoon Bay
If the door posts need replacing and everything else is great I wouldn't go higher than $3.5k. Door posts are a major operation that most body shops will not touch.

Broncoloupy

Loc.
Parkton MD
That does sound like a higher than ebay on a good day price. Walk away unless you got to have it! 8k can get you a lot more truck than you describe.

1975SPORT

Loc.
Hood River, Oregon
That does sound like a higher than ebay on a good day price. Walk away unless you got to have it! 8k can get you a lot more truck than you describe.

I agree 8K is a lot for a truck that needs rust work in that area. Also, what are you planning on doing with it. If you are restoring a pavement pal then maybe you should find a better rig for 8K (if your willing to pay that much, and thats your plan). If you are doing a trail rig, then either pay less or find a "cheeper" rig and add what you want. Good luck, keep us posted :)

jtd123

Loc.
merritt island
you can do much better dont be impulsive i have seen tons of ebs that dont need half that amount of work go for less this is one thing in life that patience pays big also for everything you think it needs there are two other things you didnt notice trust me on that one good luck

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
As others have said, 8K for the rig you describe is crazy high. I was thinking more along 4K-5K when reading your description. Door posts are not an easy fix or cheap if you are paying someone to do it.

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Replacing door posts just plain suck. I'd have to RUN. Way to much for something that needs posts repaired. I wouldn''t give over 2K for it sight unseen. Shoot me some pics and I'll post them if you want. Might give us a better idea whey he is asking 8K. agouge@chartertn.net

Blue71

OP
OP
cobralee

cobralee

Loc.
Northwestern OK
I have sent some pics to Blue 71. I know I didn't really say anything about the interior but it is pretty solid. I know that I can be very impatient, something I really need to work on. Searching can be such a frustrating process though. Please keep the suggestions coming and thank you to all of you who have given me your advice. I really appreciate it!!!

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey..I got the pics, but the pics need to be 250K or less so that I can upload them to the site here? Most of the ones you sent were like 595K to 915K. I am not sure how to resize them. Do you have any under 250K you can shoot my way? let me nknow. Thanks,

Andy
Blue71

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Here are the pics from CobraLee

Attachments

• My Digitals 140 mod.JPG
    My Digitals 140 mod.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 66
  • My Digitals 141 mod.JPG
    My Digitals 141 mod.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 46
  • My Digitals 142 mod.JPG
    My Digitals 142 mod.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 91
  • My Digitals 143 mod.JPG
    My Digitals 143 mod.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 74
  • My Digitals 144 mod.JPG
    My Digitals 144 mod.JPG
    122.7 KB · Views: 93
  • My Digitals 145 mod.JPG
    My Digitals 145 mod.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 71
  • My Digitals 147mod.JPG
    My Digitals 147mod.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 76
  • My Digitals 148 mod.JPG
    My Digitals 148 mod.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 47
  • My Digitals 149 mod.JPG
    My Digitals 149 mod.JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 37

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Do you happen to have any pics of all 4 door pasts? How bout any of the interior? Let me know and I can post those too. It looks better than I thought, but the door post thing still scares me. I'm also betting that there is a ton of rust underneath tha diamond plate on the lower fenders and rockers? Looks like the rear quarter panel seam has been worked over a few times and has blistered back out. How does it run? Also..be sure and chack the rear frame. Check on both sides of the fgas tank and the bottom part od the frame where the tank skid plate mounts. Bad for rust there too. Let us know.

Andy
Blue71

Slick

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Petoskey, MI
ANYBODY who pays more than $3,500 for that is ON something!!!!!

unless it has a BRAND NEW $10,000 crate motor in it there is no way that is worth more than $3,000! $3,500 is to allow for inflated value.

BUT if ya give him $8,000 for it YOU NEED a lesson on how to haggle!

search auto-trader, E-bay anything! ...for 8 grand ALL the lil circles you have highlighted in the pics should be fixed and re-painted already!

No Way, No HOW is that an $8,000 vehicle!!!

IF they can prove that Steve McQueen owned it, or if it was the bronco used in the Vietnam War (as it looks now it looks like it was in a war) to haul Jane Fonda to see the Reds or the like THEN it may be worth $8,000.

BUT just some plain jane RUST riddeled rig like that is a dime a dozen! It NEEDS to have some provable credintals to make it worth anything over $3,000!!!!!

UNLESS... you feel it is worth $8,000 to YOU, then buy it... just know that you'd NEVER be able to get what you paid for it without putting as much into it!

...but I digress

:cool: