• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Inboard Shock Mount build

RajinCajun

Bronco Guru
Loc.
HawleyTX, La orig.
Got a wild hair to actually build my rear inboard shock mount yesterday. I think it turned out pretty good for about 2 hours of work and a piece of angle iron.. It lets it flex ALOT more, I am going to have to trim some sheet metal to keep the new tires from rubbing.. the current 36's hit, so I expect the 39.5's to hit quite a bit more.. Looks like I need to get out the sawsall :). Here area a few pics of the shock mount and the new-to-me tires.. Gotta go get the tires dismounted so I can put them on my H1's.. :)

Attachments

• ShockMount2.JPG
    ShockMount2.JPG
    204.8 KB · Views: 131
  • ShockMount4.JPG
    ShockMount4.JPG
    206.9 KB · Views: 147
  • Shocks1.JPG
    Shocks1.JPG
    236 KB · Views: 109
  • Boggers1.JPG
    Boggers1.JPG
    148.1 KB · Views: 75

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Looks like a very nice job!

BTW what lift, etc are you going to be running to fit the 39.5's? I am contemplating going up to those from my 37" Irok's. I have no issue with a little sawzall lift too ;D

OP
OP
RajinCajun

RajinCajun

Bronco Guru
Loc.
HawleyTX, La orig.
I am running the 5.5" Tom's lift, with 2" body lift.. the front is a little higher than normal because of where I built the lower coil mounts for the new axle.
I hope to have the 39.5's on in the next few days so I can acutally see how much I need to trim. I will post up some comparison pics when I get them on. I may actually put a bump stop on the rear to keep the springs at bay... they do a reverse U now with the added leverage and weight of the new axles and heavier wheels. The 39.5" Boggers is what I have planned to run for a few years now.. it is just finally taking shape.. the axles should be able to handle them :).