• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tuffy Console

67ster

Bronco Guru
I plan on getting a Tuffy in the very near future . I couldn't find a length measurement athough I found that an 8" wide would work for me . Ads say they have a large storage compartment plus a place to mount a radio or CB . Does anyone have any measurements or Pics ? Thanks in advance !

BroncGuy7710

Loc.
Louisville Ky
I am looking at getting one as well, however with the jbg 3 pt. seat belts i don't know if i could fit it :( i think other people have expressed interest in getting one, maybe a mass buy could be in order?

OP
OP

67ster

Bronco Guru
I think they did a mass buy a few months back . I too have 3 point belts with the hard covers in the center , I had to make a mount that spanned the factory seat belt holes and picked up two of the bulkhead holes , I left the mounting tabs about 9" apart so an 8" console would fit. I am concerned about the length .

72bronco

Bronco Guru
I got the 8" Tuffy console and it sits fine between my Toyota Tercel front seats. I also use a 3 point belt up front. Here's a pic:

FrontSeats2.jpg

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Most can fit the 8" Tuffy, but those with custom seats (Beards, etc.) should double check. I ended up needing a 6.5" which fits just fine (no stereo though).

The length is fine, even with the long throw shifter on a NP-435. Tuffy's site has the dimensions listed:
http://www.tuffyproducts.com/consoles/consoles.html

Yes, we did have a mass buy and Ben Saunders (http://www.hbs-performance-offroad.com) got us a great deal on these. But it was quite a while back so maybe there's enough interest in another buy?

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
I used to have that console and it was OK, but didn't last long. It's all plastic and particle board w/ fabric covering. The Tuffy is all steel.

As with anything you get what you pay for.

BlackHorse

kidduniversity said:
tuffy is cool and all but suck ballz for the fact of how much they are charging for a simple design console. i have been looking at this one cool one form jc whitney. eventhough it is for a jeep it still will fit and looks nicer in my opion, and alot cheaper.

http://www.jcw.com/webapp/wcs/store...gId=10108&langId=-1&AID=1157440&storeId=10101

hope this helps out.

Have you ever seen a Tuffy in real life. The quality of the Tuffy is unsurpassed in the market place. The console in the link shouldn’t even be compared to the Tuffy. I have seen Tuffy knock offs from oversees. I mean dead on copies of the first gen. Tuffy stereo console. I could instantly see and feel the quality difference. I look at it as spending my money one time on the good stuff.

Yellow75

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sioux Falls, SD
I have Corbeau Baja seats and it fits fine. I still have stock lap belts.. I had a steelhorse console you can buy for 80 bucks at a local truck supply store. Thought it was real nice. Compared to the Tuffy it's "chit"... The tuffy can hold a TON of stuff too. Comes in handy when you can't "quickly" put the top up!

Dez

I would definitely be interested in a mass buy as well. My only concern would be the 3-point seat belts I have from Tom's. Is there a bracket or something for these consoles to fit over the hard cover for the seat belts? I also have exaclty 8 inches inbetween my Recaros. Does anyone know if this would cause a problem since the console would be pushing up against the sides of the seats. :)

red76

Loc.
Raleigh, NC
Definitely one of my better investments in my opinion. The 8in fits well but my 3pt belts had to be moved a little bit over to make room for it. I know my stereo is safe plus I get the locking storage cup holders etc. Now I'm actually in the market for their super storage box for the back.

OP
OP

67ster

Bronco Guru
I'm also interested in the mass buy if we can get enough people . Thank for all the info .

Madgyver

Contributor
Bronco Madman
NewBroncGuy said:
I think other people have expressed interest in getting one, maybe a mass buy could be in order?

Ben,
I think you should start another mass buy with the Tuffy products like you did the last time. It was a great deal.

If you do it again. I'm in for another box. It just feels too weird when I drive my other 77 and there is no place to rest my arm.

tx1ton

Loc.
Boerne, TX
Depending on the price I'm in too - I have a friend of a friend who thinks he can get me one for $150. If that pans out it's an incredible deal but I have my doubts...so I am interested in the Mass buy...consider me a definite "maybe"...:p

jwh

I'm a definite maybe for a mass buy as well. Depends on price and time frame.

jwh