• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

I am depressed....manufacturer no longer makes it

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
Ok,

So maybe I am just a huge CHILD but oh well!

I had my heart set on a certain look on the interior of this Bronco!

Now I find out that Moon Eyes no longer makes these Rear View Mirrors. Not only that, the only ones I can find are made now in Japan and retail for $500!!!!!

Does anyone know of a HotRod shop near them that might have one of these tucked away on a for sale rack somewhere?!?!?!?

Just sharing my sadness..... :-(

MnkyBiz

Attachments

• woodyback.jpg
    woodyback.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 518

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Call Moon eyes and state your problem and ask for a list of vendors and start calling. Otherwise all I can say is order your stickers from Moon Eyes and make your own its just a piece of wood and a glass cutter on mirror will get it done. You can go to any old ford and use the mirror pedistal and epoxy it all together. You Can Do It, you can, you can. Or as Nike says Just Do it.

OP
OP
MnkyBiz

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
i am going to look for a chromed mirror (cheapo at Peep Boys or Auto Shone) arm, then go back to Shop Class 101!

chrisd0729

Loc.
Churchville, PA
Hey Mnky, if you want to make 2, I'll buy the second one off you! That's awesome... it will nicely match the 10' classic that will be strapped to my roof every weekend on the way to the shore!!

HotWheels

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Twilight Zone
I'll do u one better. I bet Madgyver can get the Koa wood surf boards in a rear view mirror size from many places on Oahu. The u just get the glass cut to fit and adhere. I wont be back that way 'til Sep-Jan time frame.

HotWheels

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Twilight Zone
Koa Wood is the nicer wood like on the photo u posted. It has a hardness factor of 8 I believe.

Rose Wood should also be available. It is somewhat darker and more expensive.

I think the Koa would give it more of the "Woody" look. If u know what I mean.

I saw a dash made from Koa once...musta cost the guy over a $1000 bucks.

OP
OP
MnkyBiz

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
Check this out!

3 seconds on Google and I have a score!!!!

I might get a couple and make into mirrors, or you guys can order your own!!!!!

This will make a BOSS mirror! Dakine Ride in da Making!!!!!

Happy Monkey!

Attachments

• koaboard.jpg
    koaboard.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 365

HotWheels

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Twilight Zone
That is not a nice one, sry to say (if u like it though...not as nice as moon eyes). But try googling some more...Koa....whatch the shape of the board and grain of the wood...u want nice right?

JMurray

Make sure you use a good UV sealer-finish, or that wood will probably look bleached out & dry after a summer in the sun.
Jerry

OP
OP
MnkyBiz

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
Tell me about it!

I'll post whatever I decide, as to possibly sway other - Non primate types - to follow Dakine Path!!!!