• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Summit Aluminum Radiators

adambronco74

Loc.
Northern Colorado
Anyone using one of Summits Aluminum Racing Radiators in their EB? I was looking at the one that was 25.75X19in Ford Radiator and wanted to know if it fits. Also, I noticed there are different types of radiators listed on summit (IE Racing, Circle Track, etc). What's makes a Radiator "racing" so to speak and will it work on a regular vehicle?

Thanks!
Adam

Desert Thrasher

Bronco Guru
I use the summit aluminum radiator in my bronco. It fits great in my rig, but I dont use the stock type radiator mounts. I had some aluminum L-brackets tig welded on the sides of the tanks and bolted it right to the core support. I think they would work with stock brackets with some minor mods.
Do you have a body lift? Im not sure but I think a body lift might be required, otherwise the radiator filler neck might hit on the hood when its closed. I have a 3" body lift and do not have any problems.
Do you have power steering? With the stock PS box you will have to move the radiator slightly to the passenger side. The stock manual box isnt a problem at all.
Also if you still have the stock bronco water pump then you would need the "chevy" version of the radiator, because the inlet/outlets would be correct for the old style ford water pump. The newer common style ford pump has them opposite the bronco.
I can post a pic or 2 of the radiator in my rig if youd like.
Good luck.

OP
OP
A

adambronco74

Loc.
Northern Colorado
Also, what vehicle or part number for hoses did you use? I have a 5.0 water pump, so it looks like the lower hose is in the right orientation (I have a ghetto rigged hose right now for the lower).

73 toy

Loc.
Leavenworth,wa
I have the summit radiator, it's great runs cool. I bought the chevy version it has the same connections as your original. Mounting it isn't to bad, I actually used my original u-brackets, just had to relocate where they mount to the body.

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Here is a picture of DT's aluminum radiator....

bronco004.jpg

Desert Thrasher

Bronco Guru
Yup thats my radiator. Thanks Mad.:cool:

As for the hoses I just used universal flex hose. They come in all sorts of different lengths and diameters. Any parts store will have them, they let me browse through them and find the ones I want. Good luck.