• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1966 Bronco - VIN Decoder

Randy92Fox

Hi all,
I've had my 66 Half Cab for about a year now and have recently been wondering about statistically how rare of a build it may have been. My understanding is that Marti Reports aren't available for 1966 but I thought maybe one of the experts on here may know more/have more info than I've been able to find on my own.

VIN is: U14FL748499
Springtime Yellow half-cab, 170, 3 speed still on the column, tag on the rear end says 4.56 - I'm assuming the factory optional but could have been changed over the years.

Thanks in advance for any info!

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey Randy. Don't know much about them in detail, but does yours still have the data tag / warranty plate riveted to the driver's side kick panel? That's where all the options that were fit to print were listed. The VIN only gives you a few of the basics, though still interesting information.
A couple of real '66 experts here, so I'm sure some good info will come your way.

By the way, is there an "L" in the middle of, or right after the 4.56 on your axle tag?

Paul

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
U14FL748838 here so same day build most likely. 4.56 wasn't as common as the 4.11 gears but not rare either. Was your warranty plate on the driver kick panel held on by two Ford screws or rivets? I've run across several 748 vins with the Ford screws rather than the rivets.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
U14FL748838 here so same day build most likely. 4.56 wasn't as common as the 4.11 gears but not rare either. Was your warranty plate on the driver kick panel held on by two Ford screws or rivets? I've run across several 748 vins with the Ford screws rather than the rivets.

mr Vin Man.. :)