• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

TX 1966 rear view mirrir, windshield frame mounted

Status
Not open for further replies.

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
Need a frame mounted 8 inch, metal backed rear view mirror off a 1966 Bronco. Let me know and thanks.

OP
OP
mp

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
Thanks for the reply. A little late, so I will call tomorrow. Thanks!

66Bronco

He's looking for the accessory rear view mirror that mounted to the windshield frame and not the windshield (glass). Hard to find.

There's one on my Roadster

DSCF0192-vi.jpg

-Terry

delconick

there are two different ones that i have found on 66's and an additional one up for debate. it looks to me like the rear view mirrors were dealer added and i dont think many people disagree with me on that one. but who knows.

the one on the roadster in the picture above is a ford truck rearview mirror. it pretty much looks like it does not belong there! the mount is curved and not flat like you would think it should be. i have pulled them off of several 66's so either that was the popular "add on" or the dealers put them there.

the other style such as the one on the peroni roadster i have no idea what its from? neither do they. though, i have seen that mirror on a bronco before so im guessing its some kind of dealer added after market part? or just a parts shelf add on?

then there is the osborne assembly manual that shows a windshield mounted mirror only for 66. i have not seen one on a 66 (i have on several 67's) so im not sure how credible that is.

if you go back and look at all (i use all loosely because im sure i have not seen them all) of the early magazine articles, the sales brochures, and the road tests you will find that not one of the 66's had a rearview mirror.

in my opinion, save your money and buy something else because it is probably more accurate to not have a rear view mirror then to add one. (but if you still want one i have one) ;-)

66Bronco

I'm sorry but I believe you have misidentified the mirror on the Roadster. This is not the Ford truck mirror used on vehicles like the F100's that has the triangle 3 screw mount. This mirror has a two screw mount and the angle of the mount to the down rod matches the rake of the Bronco windshield perfectly. If you were to look in Ford Parts Catalogs back in the day it lists the rear view mirror as being a Bronco mirror. As I recall there is a reference to this mirror being a Bronco accessory part. I purchased that mirror back in the late 90's still in the box (C6TZ part number).

Btw, '66 Broncos had rear view mirrors.

-Terry

delconick

It's funny because most 66's that you see don't have rear view mirrors and the ones that do, they are all different? I would love to know for sure.

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm sorry but I believe you have misidentified the mirror on the Roadster. This is not the Ford truck mirror used on vehicles like the F100's that has the triangle 3 screw mount. This mirror has a two screw mount and the angle of the mount to the down rod matches the rake of the Bronco windshield perfectly. If you were to look in Ford Parts Catalogs back in the day it lists the rear view mirror as being a Bronco mirror. As I recall there is a reference to this mirror being a Bronco accessory part. I purchased that mirror back in the late 90's still in the box (C6TZ part number).

Btw, '66 Broncos had rear view mirrors.

-Terry

Hey Terry,

My early September U13 that I'm starting to working on did not have any inside rear view mirror. It only had a rear view side mirror only. Also so it radio, heater, sun visor, dash pad, and windshield squirter delete truck too. But it looked like they had add the chrome bumpers and the from the look of old drill holes the chrome rocker molding, also optioned 16" steel wheels. At the very least this truck is very interesting.... strip down of the comfort amenities but jazzed up with a bit of chrome/bling coupled with the larger factor wheels.

OP
OP
mp

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
Email sent to Delconick, and I will have to check the windshiled frame for holes.... It is radio delete for sure.

delconick

Jeff, that is one strange option combination for sure! For the heater delete is there a cover over the air intake hole? The Osborne book has a part number for one but I have never seen one, my roadster was heater delete but a heater was added via drift pin, ugly.....

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Jeff, that is one strange option combination for sure! For the heater delete is there a cover over the air intake hole? The Osborne book has a part number for one but I have never seen one, my roadster was heater delete but a heater was added via drift pin, ugly.....

Yeah I know! Some of the battle is just trying to figure what was actually ordered with the truck or what was put on at a last date! Every EB owner knows and has experienced finding stuff %) on their truck that is not original to the truck when it was first purchased. Oh well... there very few Bronco that has not been messed is what survivors so special! So my new build is very odd so I want to find out what really is original to it!

Thanks and sorry I haven't called you yet but I will touch base early this week because I'm finally getting caught up with work!
Jeff

66Bronco

Here's a picture of the mirror.

DSCF0011-vi.jpg

I agree that the heater was optional (listed that way in the 1966 Ford Truck Saleman's Data Book). As was the radio and Sun visors. I do not see the dash pad listed as optional. It is however listed under Standard features for all models as is windshield washers.

My apologies to MP as I did not intend to highjack his wanted Ad. I just wanted to help folks understand what mirror I believe he was after. This mirror can be hard to describe let alone find one.

-Terry

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Here's a picture of the mirror.

DSCF0011-vi.jpg

I agree that the heater was optional (listed that way in the 1966 Ford Truck Saleman's Data Book). As was the radio and Sun visors. I do not see the dash pad listed as optional. It is however listed under Standard features for all models as is windshield washers.

My apologies to MP as I did not intend to highjack his wanted Ad. I just wanted to help folks understand what mirror I believe he was after. This mirror can be hard to describe let alone find one.

-Terry
So Terry, do you want to sell it? ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.