• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1980's or 1990' SVO catalog?

Nevadasmith

Loc.
Fallon, Nv
My father built some very memorable 351w's and an impressive 390, back in the day...he always used the same grind cam it was a Ford Motorsports camshaft from memory I think it was a 280/290, 204/214 @ .050, I would love to know the rest of the specs or find a cam card or part number??? I'm trying to re creat a motor he had in a full size Bronco, that was mind boggling from idle to 5500 rpm. I remember him ordering the cams from an orange svo or Ford racing catalog, if any one has one hidden away, please take a look, thanks!

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
My father built some very memorable 351w's and an impressive 390, back in the day...he always used the same grind cam it was a Ford Motorsports camshaft from memory I think it was a 280/290, 204/214 @ .050, I would love to know the rest of the specs or find a cam card or part number??? I'm trying to re creat a motor he had in a full size Bronco, that was mind boggling from idle to 5500 rpm. I remember him ordering the cams from an orange svo or Ford racing catalog, if any one has one hidden away, please take a look, thanks!

Well the 1990 SVO catalog I have is a brown/orange color... and it is the oldest one I have.

So here is page 40 on Cams:

If you copy the image to your computer, then you should be able to read the info...

Attachments

• DSCN4590.jpg
    DSCN4590.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

Oldtimer

Contributor
Jr. Member with Sr. moments
Loc.
Sunnyvale, CA
From the 1985 Motorsport Performance Equipment catalog:

Attachments

• SVO cams.jpg
    SVO cams.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 39

Broncobowsher

Total hack
That is a very generic cam. Same grind as the Edlebrock Performer and the Summit racing house brand cams. You can get it in both 302 and 351 firing order.

OP
OP
N

Nevadasmith

Loc.
Fallon, Nv
Yeah I saw the 204-214 in multiple different LCA offering s with wildly different rpm ranges, but I think I have enough information to figure it out now thanks!!!!