• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

2+ Perch Kit by RuffStuff

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
I've built them in the past and it worked without any ill effects other than I had to redo the lower shock mounts, the bodies hit the axle tube do to the angle changing but results may vary

Prizefighter

Bronco Guru
It's a cool set up, I've seen it in person installed on a Bronco at Jak's Restoration. I went back and forth on ordering it to give my rear axle another 2" but already had an unused WH extreme duty u-bolt kit. It will put stress on the springs in a different way and should help with axle wrap.

OP
OP
Crawdad

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
It's a cool set up, I've seen it in person installed on a Bronco at Jak's Restoration. I went back and forth on ordering it to give my rear axle another 2" but already had an unused WH extreme duty u-bolt kit. It will put stress on the springs in a different way and should help with axle wrap.

It's funny you should say that bc I too have the WH Extreme UBolt Kit I purchased last year. I figure I could sell it to off-set the cost of the perches pictured above. The simple road for me would be to buy a set of perches that would allow me to move the rear axle back one inch. But Nooooo I gotta be difficult and over think things and make life difficult for myself!

Attachments

• IMG_0015.JPG
    IMG_0015.JPG
    20 KB · Views: 16

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
You can also go to diy4x.com and order their easy inch. It gives 1 inch of lift and you can move the acel back or forward 1" or 1.5". It is not anlift block. It bolts into the spring pack with the center pin. Same as a zero rate. They also sell degree shims in various degrees that bolt to the ezinch so when you put the whole package together it is part of the spring pack. The also have some nice heavy duty upper plates and u bolts. Very nice guy to deal with. Even though it is mainly a chevy/dodge site

Here is a pic of the ezinch, top plate and u bolts he sells. They come with all the hardware and some blue locktight

Attachments

• IMG_3306.jpg
    IMG_3306.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 101
OP
OP
Crawdad

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
You can also go to diy4x.com and order their easy inch. It gives 1 inch of lift and you can move the acel back or forward 1" or 1.5". It is not anlift block. It bolts into the spring pack with the center pin. Same as a zero rate. They also sell degree shims in various degrees that bolt to the ezinch so when you put the whole package together it is part of the spring pack. The also have some nice heavy duty upper plates and u bolts. Very nice guy to deal with. Even though it is mainly a chevy/dodge site

Here is a pic of the ezinch, top plate and u bolts he sells. They come with all the hardware and some blue locktight

Thx Crush, I'll seriously look into that. I already have degrees shims, could I not install them to the blocks you mention?

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
Yes but the diy have bolt to ezinch then the ezinch is bolted to the springs with the center bolt. This prevents anything from squishing out. They have a video link on their sight or you can search youtube for diy4x and ezinch. Its an install on a chevy front end but still the same. Also the u bolts he sold me were really tight but they worked awesome

OP
OP
Crawdad

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
Yes but the diy have bolt to ezinch then the ezinch is bolted to the springs with the center bolt. This prevents anything from squishing out. They have a video link on their sight or you can search youtube for diy4x and ezinch. Its an install on a chevy front end but still the same. Also the u bolts he sold me were really tight but they worked awesome

I sent them an email yesterday afternoon. Hopefully I will hear something back. I may go this direction if the price is right. Will update soon.

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
Price wasnt bad at all when ingot mine. Very reasonable. I had to call and make my order to make sure he gave me the correct stuff for a 9". Check out the install video they have. Its good info. The guy is kind of a doofus and the truck is a full size chevy but its all good. Lol

Oh. In the pic above it looks like it is all cad plated but that is paint i put on to simulate cad plate. Lol. When the stuff comes it will be raw steel

OP
OP
Crawdad

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
Price wasnt bad at all when ingot mine. Very reasonable. I had to call and make my order to make sure he gave me the correct stuff for a 9". Check out the install video they have. Its good info. The guy is kind of a doofus and the truck is a full size chevy but its all good. Lol

Oh. In the pic above it looks like it is all cad plated but that is paint i put on to simulate cad plate. Lol. When the stuff comes it will be raw steel

I'm still waiting for a response.