• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

2021 Outer Banks transmission issue

N747JB

I got my 2021 in November and added larger tires, same size as the Sasquatch package, I just like these better. My son was driving it from Orlando back to Destin and I get a notification of a drivetrain issue. I called him and he was almost home when the wrench light came on. He knew not to just keep driving rather than shut it off and get stranded, 8 miles from home. He did the usual turn it off and back on, but code was still there. Driving forward wasn’t a problem, but occasionally in reverse it would stop and shut off. Had it towed and a week later they’ve determined, it’s something internal to the transmission! Oh joy!! My 22 that isn’t scheduled will probably be here before the parts are available! Lucky it’s a third car.

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It's low enough mileage that it should qualify for LTIS = Low Time In Service which means if there's a major problem with the transmission, they should just replace the assembly. I've been a Ford technician since 1988 so I deal with this type of thing quite often you might want to ask your service advisor about it.

OP
OP
N747JB

N747JB

It's low enough mileage that it should qualify for LTIS = Low Time In Service which means if there's a major problem with the transmission, they should just replace the assembly. I've been a Ford technician since 1988 so I deal with this type of thing quite often you might want to ask your service advisor about it.
Thanks, that’s pretty much what I’m thinking. It’s probably easier to get an assembly rather individual parts and Ford engineering can examine the tranny and see what happened to it!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I got my 2021 in November and added larger tires, same size as the Sasquatch package, I just like these better. My son was driving it from Orlando back to Destin and I get a notification of a drivetrain issue. I called him and he was almost home when the wrench light came on. He knew not to just keep driving rather than shut it off and get stranded, 8 miles from home. He did the usual turn it off and back on, but code was still there. Driving forward wasn’t a problem, but occasionally in reverse it would stop and shut off. Had it towed and a week later they’ve determined, it’s something internal to the transmission! Oh joy!! My 22 that isn’t scheduled will probably be here before the parts are available! Lucky it’s a third car.

Uggh.... :(

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks, that’s pretty much what I’m thinking. It’s probably easier to get an assembly rather individual parts and Ford engineering can examine the tranny and see what happened to it!
Yea we have parts that have been on back order for months.