• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

302 headers on 351W

hunter1

Contributor
Loc.
Maryville, Tn
Question, will 302 Hedman long tube headers work on a 351w? I know they will bolt up, but due to difference in block height will they still clear everything underneath? Or do I need to get 351w specific headers?
Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Jdgephar

Bronco Guru
I had issues with the clutch linkage on the drivers side. Went to shorties to avoid it.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Flyfisen

You can go with shorties. My 73 had the swap with 302 LT headers, they contacted my floorboards and really heated things up because of the height on the 351. I went to shorties and custom exhaust now plenty of clearance both sides going down.

svobronco

Contributor
I had Hookers on my 351/C4 combo and had no clearance issues.
Run long tubes if you can, shorties rob torque. And isn't that why we have 351's?
I had to use shorties when I put my 700R4 in and the torque loss was very noticeable.