• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

4R70W with Lokar cable shifter problem

John Griswold

Loc.
Medford, NJ
Can't fit the front drive shaft with the Lokar cable shifter on a 4R70W. Anyone one else come across this? The bracket holding the cable at the transmission shifter mounts on the back driver's side oil pan bolts just in front of the front t-case yoke. The cable coming over the t-case is very close to the yoke and the cv joint in the shaft is not going to clear. Is anyone else having running this Lokar/4R70W combination. Several of the major Bronco vendors sell the kit but don't seem to have an answer. Thanks

jmhend

Bronco Guru
Can you post a picture? link to the instructions? Is it possible to "clock" or rotate the Lokar lever in another position for better clearance? I vaguely remember there being an ability to rotate it but for the life of me I can not remember.

xltboy

Don't use the pan bolts for mounting. I used the two holes in the side of the case which were used by Ford to mount there shifter and had to bend the mounting tab for the cable 90 deg and it all lined up. message me your email and I can send a photo.

xltboy

Fitz24

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I used the 2 mounting points on the side of the case as well. I use the Lokar Electronic Sport shifter and everything seems to work ok so far.

OP
OP
J

John Griswold

Loc.
Medford, NJ
Got a hold of Tom's and apparently they had a custom bracket they make and sent but provided absolutely no instructions for their custom installation or even a mention of their bracket. So when looking at Lokar's instructions I figured I got the wrong bracket and had Lokar send me a stock bracket. I will revisit Tom's bracket again. Yah, this kit flipped the shift and 180 degrees and the cable comes from the back. They say they have only used their bracket on AOD transmissions so I will see. Thanks for your input and I may get back for some of your pictures.