• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

71' u14 6cyl Sold at Auction Today

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It’s pretty cool, would have left the original hood
Thought it would go for more

CopperRanger

Bronco Guru
I love these old Bronco's as much as you guys, but not for that kind of money. Glad I bought mine 15 years ago when they were cheap.

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That's a cool little U14, but it seems to have sold on the upper end of the scale! Some rust in the bed and a lot of red oxide rattle can primer on the outside....

It came with 16" wheels originally...I wonder where those are? I have a '71 U14 that came with them too. I like the way the original owner spelled "Bronco"! They spelled it "Broncho" ! What's funny is that I hear people actually pronounce it that way!!! "B-R-O-N-C-H-O.......

OP
OP
okie4570

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
It’s pretty cool, would have left the original hood
Thought it would go for more

A guy I know was thinking about bidding on it and inquired about the hood. Turns out a tree or large branch fell on the hood and the replacement was never painted.

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Talk about stock - don’t recall seeing a Marti report with just two options added!

ford man

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Leesburg Ga
I like it but I could not afford it I remember not to long ago that would have been a 3400$ truck %)time marches on!

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That is the top end for sure. I have a similar uncut rust free 71 U14 that is boxwood green and it also has black hood due to the original owner cutting a hole in it for an air cleaner. I joked about it being worth 40 and now maybe it is not that far off! I drove it three miles to work today and had three different people ask me if it was for sale.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Makes me wish I had the four Broncos I've sold over the years back. It's funny to think I've sold Broncos that I've had to sit on for a year or more until the right buyer came along. All were priced well under $10,000.

OP
OP
okie4570

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
I thought it might go for $20-$22k. It sit at $19k until around 11:50am CST, bidding closed at noon.....but was extended several times and officially sold about 12:08pm

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I thought it might go for $20-$22k. It sit at $19k until around 11:50am CST, bidding closed at noon.....but was extended several times and officially sold about 12:08pm

so it went above what you thought..

These rigs are So popular these days..