• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Added a couple more Broncos to the stable

COSCAG00

A few weeks back I posted about a bronco trying to find out what it was worth, well I ended up buying it. Here is the Bronco in question:

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/at...nt.php?attachmentid=246965&stc=1&d=1331303405

Talking with the owner this one came out of Arkansas and is in pretty good shape. It needs a hood, rockers, floor boards, front fender, and a top. The rest of the body is very solid with very little rust. I was thinking I was going to move this one along but it sounds like my dad would like to keep it for himself.

The next one is more of a parts rig but I may end up trying to salvage the body. The front tire blew out and it was rolled a few times so I don't really know if the tub is tweaked or not. It had a half cab on it but no roll over protection so it just popped off when the tire blew. In conversation while loading I found out that it was the owners son who was driving it, he is now a quadriplegic from the accident. The accident happened in 2006 so it has been sitting since then. Looking under the body it looks like brand new everything was sandblasted/painted and redone right before the accident. It looks like it will be pretty easy to get it going if I can salvage the body.

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/at...nt.php?attachmentid=246968&stc=1&d=1331304368

Here is a picture of the steering column, I was wondering if anyone knows what it may have come out of? It looks like I need a few parts for it.

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=246969&stc=1&d=1331304498

Here are a couple shots of the rear quarter panels, I really like how they are done with the uncut look but flared out for more tire clearance.

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/at...nt.php?attachmentid=246971&stc=1&d=1331304757

Attachments

• photo(12).jpg
    photo(12).jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 149
  • 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 96
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 132
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 101
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 120
  • Tilt Column.jpg
    Tilt Column.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 140
  • Rear Quarter sIDE.jpg
    Rear Quarter sIDE.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 110
  • Rear Quarter Front.jpg
    Rear Quarter Front.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 108

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Nice additions to your collections. So sorry for the gentleman's son. Just reinforces the need to have good roll protection in these early Broncos.

Fred

69LUBR

My first thought on the steering column is it looks like one out of a Jeep. Yes, sorry I said it but that's what it looks like.

Heus33

Bronco Guru
What a terrible story. I hope you decide to bring that bronco back and it would be cool if there was some way to aknowledge him.

Those rear flares are cool - never saw that done before. That steering column is probably out of an Eseries van.

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
Column

Late 70's or real early 80's jeep (GM) column. If the key is on it, it's a good chance that what it is. Could be late 70's (7879 ish) F series column but mine does not look like that one.

Very sorry to hear about his son as well, what a heart breaker.

OP
OP
C

COSCAG00

I will take a better look at the column this evening to see if there are any markings on it. I literally unloaded it off the trailer and it started to rain.

I am really digging the rear fenders, I am going to try and save this one.

I am up to 5 Broncos and not one of them runs, my goal is to get one road worthy in the next couple of months then start on this one.

broncobsession

Bronco Guru
I am up to 5 Broncos and not one of them runs, my goal is to get one road worthy in the next couple of months then start on this one.

Trying to corner the market? ;D

I really dig the wheels on the halfcab one and the rocker trim on the purple one.

Really sad story about the son :cry: