• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Any special tools I need for the Chebby disc conversion?

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Can you guys think of any things I might need for the Chebby disc conversion. The only thing I can think of is the Hub socket tool. I pulled the small and large retaining clips off today and the Warn lockout hub came off. Looks like I need the Hub tool to get to the next step, correct? Is anything else besides normal tools needed for the rest of the conversion. I just plain forgot about the hub tool. Will my local NAPA have one for a D44 or Autozone? Let me know.

Thanks Much,

Blue71

Skuzzlebutt

PhD, Dr. of Broncology
Loc.
Honeymoon Bay
You'll need an Allen wrench for the caliper bolts. You should use flare nut wrenches when working with brake lines. A good, sharp pokie thing is good for removing the larger clip in the hub.
A wooden baseball bat is great for removing the old spindle from the knuckle. There are other methods for doing this but none are as quick & easy.
The Hub tool is they only thing I would call "special."